From: Marc on
Hi

My virtual channel client DLL causes RPD to crash. The same Client.dll
worked fine before the update to RDP 6. Actually this client DLL was working
fine with pre-release of RDP 6 (6.0.5800 I think was the last one before this
release)

Does any one know what has changed with this release?

If I comment out in the VirtualChannelEntry the VirtualChannelInit call then
RDP does not fail. Also If I trace the code I seem to be getting valid
function pointers and the init call returns CHANNEL_RC_OK but yet mstsc.exe
still crashes.

Any ideas why or what could have changed.

Thanks for any input,
Marc

From: Marc on
Oops I meant RDP 6.0.6000

From: Roman Porter [MSFT] on
Marc,

To diagnose why mstsc is crashing you are going to need to run mstsc under a
debugger (such as windbg) with your DLL's symbols loaded. Once it crashes,
you can look at the stack to see what caused it to crash. I would venture a
guess to say that you are doing something in one of those two functions that
is casing an access violation of some sort, which in turn is causing mstsc
to crash.

But unfortunately, without symbols for your DLL and a stack trace with those
symbols loaded, I really can't diagnose this problem any further.

Thanks,
Roman