From: Gross, Michael on
Hi,

when using Remote Desktop Connection Software 7 on Windows XP SP3 and
connecting to a Terminal Server using Terminal Services Gateway I
always have to enter the credentials twice - even though the setting

"Use my TS Gateway server credentials for the remote computer"

in the options of the Remote Desktop Client is enabled.

Using Remote Desktop Client 6.1 this works well, I only have to enter
the credentials once.

According to the article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969084/en-us
there seems to be the following issue with RDC 7 + XP SP3:

The Single Sign-On (SSO) between RD Gateway and the RD Session host
will not work. If you need SSO across TS roles, use workspaces SSO.
This requires Windows server 2008 R2 running RD Web Access.

Is this related to the problem? I actually don't want to use SSO but
reduce the credentials prompt to one prompt.

Or does "SSO between RD Gateway and RD session host" relate to this
and does not mean "complete" SSO?

I'm however wondering why it does work with RDC 6.1 then...

Thanks

Michael

From: Divya Bhagavan[MSFT] on
Hi Michael,

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772108(WS.10).aspx
Yes. This is possible. However, you need to turn on CredSSP.
Delegating default credentials is not available as a GP. It's more of a
registry settings. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951608

-Divya

From: Gross, Michael on
Thanks,

however, with RDP 6.1 this works without enabling CredSPP and I really
don't know why it doesn't with RDP Client 7.0!

Even RDP Client 7.0 says it will pass the credentials to both the RD
Gateway and the Terminal Server:

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=rdc76oa3.png

However, with RDP Client 7 the authentication window appears two times
and with 6.1 only one time as it should!

Best Regards

Michael