From: 7 on
Singarram Gupta wrote:

>>Only if the hardware's faulty or the wireless link crashes. OTOH, try
>>using *anything* bluetooth under Linux, and watch it just not working.
>
> Could never get OBEX file transfer to work in linux. Tried many
> different things for days using a DBT120 BT USB dongle.
> Linux just could not discover the phones capabilities properly.
>
> Plugged it into a Win7 PC and I was transfering files back and forth
> from PC to phone, phone to PC in minutes, no DBT driver needed to be
> installed.
>
> Would not work on Vista however.
>
> Was always able to transfer files via BT between my Palm Tungsten T3
> and the phone. Could never transfer or sync between linux and the T3
> via BT. Can HotSync T3 and Win7 PC via BT.

Can anyone rely on you to check the Linux Hardware Compatibility List
(HCL) before spending money on gadgets? (I seriously doubt it - because
you don't admit to being smart over such small details!) And do your gadget
makers make Linux compatible drivers? I buy lots of stuff and it all works
under Linux. From webcams to motherboards, netcards, netbooks, MP3, MP4,
MP5 players, digital photoframes, printers, cameras etc.

From: Moe Trin on
On Sun, 04 Apr 2010, in the Usenet newsgroup uk.comp.os.linux, in article
<kl6hr5dn4j1vk7agp71iqvfk9pdsmko8s9(a)4ax.com>, scbs29 wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 10:28:36 +0000, 7
><website_has_email(a)www.enemygadgets.com> wrote:

something that didn't make it through the filters - either mine or
those of my news provider.

>I don't know about anyone else, but I am fed up to the back teeth with
>these types of fanboi posts about "mine is better than yours and you
>are a ******** idiot because you don't agree with me".

OK, you've got a minor problem there - you're using a news reader with
limited filtering capability. You may be able to have a look at

http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/killfilefaq.htm

the page 403s for me on this side of the pond, but may be reachable
on your side. It tells how to set up killfiles or filters on a
number of different news readers. Briefly, when your news tool tries
to get the news, it first gets a set of headers for each article. The
headers are "Subject:", "From:", "Date:", "Message-ID:", "References:",
"Bytes:" (rarely used), "Lines:" (not mandatory, and may not be set),
and a message number supplied by _your_ news-server ("Xref:"). You
can filter _directly_ on those. That I didn't see the article you are
responding to suggests my filters (or those of my news provider) found
something in those eight headers that indicated the article was not
worth wasting bandwidth or CPU cycles downloading.

>Have these posters nothing better to do ?

From the small segment you post, it seems to be the usual noise that
only the fanbois are interested in. Killfile it - move along - there
is nothing of interest there.

Old guy
From: Steve Walker on
Terry Porter wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 11:34:29 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:
>
>> 7 wrote:
>>> Random Hesitations: The new threat to windummy productivity in the
>>> office

>>> Windummy OSen loaded PCs are known to the word as a two bit OS that
>>> hesitates for just about every operation.
>>

>> Yeah, Windows is really annoying and buggy. But it's still better
>> than Linux for the typical user, or for commercial use.
>
> Hahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahaahahahaah, gasp ... spit, cough, ...
> choke, spit!
>
> Ahh I needed that.

Good, you laugh away while Windows 7 dominates the PC landscape. After
all, why waste time wondering why the real world doesn't understand Linux,
when it's easier to just blame them for that.

From: 7 on
John Williamson wrote:

> 7 wrote:
>>> Ubuntu and all other distros I've tried refuse to acknowledge the
>>> existence of my cellphone, my PDA or (except partially) my USB sound
>>> interface, all of which I use daily. *Part* of the sound functionality
>>> works, just not the bits I bought the interface to use.
>>>
>>> Another sound interface is recognised, but crippled. None of these were
>>> uncommon or cutting edge units when bought.
>>

>> If they are common and not cutting edge, you should name them
>> and then we can verify your truth.
>>
> Egosys WamiBox and a Lexicon Omega. Both seem to work as standard 16
> bit, 44.1KHz interfaces only, the Lexicon hardware is capable of
> recording up to four channels of 24 bit, 48KHz under Windows XP, the
> WamiBox soft synth and DSP farm are totally inaccessible under Linux.

Bollox 2 U 2!!
They are not run of the mill devices flat cake.

> The cellphone is a Nokia 9500, the PDAs run Windows Mobile 2003 or 5.
>
> These items were bought for facilities they offered that could be
> obtained nowhere else at the time,

So they are cutting edge stuff and not run of the mill.
Obviously you had to lie about your stuff as being
run of the mill as an outdated asstroturfing way of getting attention.

And obviously you can't be trusted
to buy Linux HCL compatible hardware.

I'm posting this from a Sheevaplug and obviously the features
such as it being a 5W server cannot be obtained from nowhere at this time
except through Linux.

uptime:
22:22:24 up 28 days, 13:30, 2 users, load average: 0.07, 0.09, 0.08

From: 7 on

http://www.casaguemes.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=58

> "The server upon which this website is residing is a 5-watt Fit-PC
> Server running Windows XP, XAMPP and Joomla."
>
> Oops.

Liar! It has a 60GB IDE drive.