From: 7 on
Random Hesitations: The new threat to windummy productivity in the office

Windummy OSen loaded PCs are known to the word as a two bit OS that
hesitates for just about every operation.

These windopws random hesitations loose 500% of the working day.

Why?

Because windummyism is responsible for creating hundreds of billions
of log files on computers daily that are not being cleaned off the system.
Each log file adds more to the hesitation.

In one company I used last week, the guy clicked about 5 times to
complete my transaction. I had to wait 5 minutes - one minute
for each click!!

Doh!

The retards!!

It if were Linux, and you had more than a second worth of latency
with a decent PC, then you would notice and do something about it.

This remains true even after two years from an install on heavily
used machines.

http://www.livecdlist.com
http://www.distrowatch.com
http://www.ubuntu.com

From: Steve Walker on
7 wrote:
> Random Hesitations: The new threat to windummy productivity in the
> office
>
> Windummy OSen loaded PCs are known to the word as a two bit OS that
> hesitates for just about every operation.

Yeah, Windows is really annoying and buggy. But it's still better than
Linux for the typical user, or for commercial use.

Those Linux guys have the biggest open goal in the world, why can't they
kick the ball in?

From: RayLopez99 on
On Apr 4, 12:34 pm, "Steve Walker" <spam-t...(a)beeb.net> wrote:

> Those Linux guys have the biggest open goal in the world, why can't they
> kick the ball in?

Well said. And here is the answer, from 6 years ago. True then, true
now.

RL

"If a user isn't educated enough to know how to open up a port he
needs to run a particular program that needs a hole punched in the
firewall, then that user shouldn't have unfettered access to the Net
anyway."

I think this is entirely the wrong approach to personal computer
security. It is unproductive to insist that those that just want to do
their jobs, communicate with colleagues, or play games online have to
become computer experts in order to do so.

The onus should be on the software and security industry - those that
are responsible for designing the products - to make software which is
not only safe to use by default, but easy to secure.

The tasks of hardening the average computer is difficult for the
majority of computer users. Instructions such as, "turn off
unnecessary services" are entirely inadequate for those which have no
idea what each service does and if they will be using it. (With
obscure service names like, "WMDM PMSP Service", can you blame them?)

Noam Eppel
www.noameppel.com
Web Security Consultant
From: scbs29 on
On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 10:28:36 +0000, 7
<website_has_email(a)www.enemygadgets.com> wrote:

>Random Hesitations: The new threat to windummy productivity in the office
>
>Windummy OSen loaded PCs are known to the word as a two bit OS that
>hesitates for just about every operation.

snip

>This remains true even after two years from an install on heavily
>used machines.
>
>http://www.livecdlist.com
>http://www.distrowatch.com
>http://www.ubuntu.com

I don't know about anyone else, but I am fed up to the back teeth with
these types of fanboi posts about "mine is better than yours and you
are a ******** idiot because you don't agree with me". Have these
posters nothing better to do ?

Why do they all find it necessary to stoop to the level of personal
abuse ? Are they unable, for whatever reasons, to advance reasonable
arguments for their personal choice ?

7 and Terry Porter - it appears that clogwog and Steve Walker prefer
Windows over Linux. How does this affect you ? What difference does it
make to your life and/or computing experience ?

clogwog and Steve Walker - it appears that 7 and Terry Porter prefer
Linux over Windows. How does this affect you ? What difference does it
make to your life and/or computing experience ?

I dual boot Windows XP and PCLinuxOS. I have my own opinions about
both of these which I dont foist onto anyone else. This does not mean
that I am right and that everyone else is wrong, so why should I post
abusive messages to anyone who disagrees with my personal choice ?

Basically, some people prefer Windows and some prefer Linux. So what ?

I realise of course that I will now probably get flamed by people who
are convinced that their choice of OS is the "only way to salvation"

remove fred before emailing
Registered Linux User 490858
From: scbs29 on
On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 18:28:39 +0100, Tony van der Hoff
<tony(a)nospam.vanderhoff.org> wrote:

>On 04/04/10 15:31, scbs29 wrote:
>> On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 10:28:36 +0000, 7
>> <website_has_email(a)www.enemygadgets.com> wrote:
>[snip]
>

>> I realise of course that I will now probably get flamed by people who
>> are convinced that their choice of OS is the "only way to salvation"
>
>No, you won't get flamed (by me, at any rate) for that reason. You *do*
>deserve a flaming, however, for posting this on u.c.o.l. For very
>similar reasons to those you give, I have everything cross-posted to
>*.advocacy killfiled, and am thus spared from such trash.
>
>Until, of course someone, i.e. yourself, takes it upon themselves to
>respond to those messages they profess to abhor, and in addition trims
>the cross-posting. Why couldn't you just ignore it, and save the pain.
>
>Your saving grace is that you didn't quote the whole message, but
>nonetheless, you're almost as bad as the OP, and his fans, in
>propagating any of it. Please don't!

I responded to u.c.o.l because that is the only newsgroup of this type
that I subscribe to.
Sorry for any cross posting but that was not intentional.