From: Merv on

UDP port 62515 - Cisco Systems IPSec Driver to Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN
Service

Perhaps depends on where a firewall inserts itself in the dataflow

From: Phillip Remaker on

"James" <jpigott(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>I just can't get this to work out of the box/running wizard. I'm
> getting error on client of:
>
> Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client.
> Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding.

Are you using IP/ESP, NAT-T, or TCP as your connect (Are you using NAT?)

Make sure you use a NAT-friendly VPN scheme. I think the default is IP/ESP
which fails with a lot of NAT devices.

From: Merv on

Also try the following commands to see a summary of what is or is not
happening:

C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems \ VPN Client\vpnclient stat traffic

C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems \ VPN Client\vpnclient stat tunnel

From: James on
Great, thanks I will see what it states tonight.

From: James on
Phillip,
Sorry for late reply - have been to France to try and chill from this
mess!!

I have NAT on the firewall. What am I using as my connect? Good
question!
Do I search for this on the firewall or is it configured on the client
end -
or both?

Thanks,
James