From: Merv on
How are you making out wih this issue ?

From: James on
I can only test this when at another site - unfortunately I can not be
in the same building and "dial in". So progress is slow. However I
will add your command prompts tonight and let you know the outcome. I
am still very confused by the whole thing as the webhelp that comes
with the SDM package is quite frankly - bloody useless!

Phillip has suggested IP/ESP as something to explore - but I am
awaiting where I look for this. Also it makes me wonder what the
"wizard" is doing in setting up a complex system that basically then
fails to work.

Having had to reboot the box due to a total freeze I realise that I
have lost some previous settings - c'est la vie! In wandering round
the maze again I see I don't have any IPSec Rules (ACL). Do I need
some? should not the "wizard" have produced the ones it needs? Does
this "wizard" only work on Sundays!?

Thanks

From: James on
Is now a good time to post the config?

From: James on
OK, I've just tried from within the site. Hoping that my packets will
leave and then come back to establish a link. I now get an error:

Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client.
Reason 401: An unrecognized error occurred while establishing the VPN
connection.

This happens after I log in:

Negotiating security policies...
Securing communications channel...

Can I assume that my security policies are at least set up ok?

From: James on
Also found this in the log of the client:
1 11:58:32.550 02/14/06 Sev=Warning/3 GUI/0xE3B00003
GI EnumPPP callback timed out.

2 12:00:43.688 02/14/06 Sev=Warning/2 IKE/0xA3000062
Attempted incoming connection from 80.177.223.54. Inbound connections
are not allowed.

3 12:08:04.452 02/14/06 Sev=Warning/2 IKE/0xA3000062