From: PG on
Hi everyone, when I try and access my virtual server on port 5900,
http://virtualserver:5900 , I get this message "RFB 003.006".

I've searched and searched again but can't find what it means!
Has anyone seen this message before? What does it mean?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

From: Daniel Crichton on
PG wrote on Thu, 8 May 2008 15:04:00 +0100:

> Hi everyone, when I try and access my virtual server on port 5900, http://virtualserver:5900
> , I get this message "RFB 003.006".

> I've searched and searched again but can't find what it means!
> Has anyone seen this message before? What does it mean?

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Thanks

Are you sure it's IIS listening on port 5900? 5900 is normally used by VNC,
are you sure you don't have a VNC or similar remote access application
server running on that port? The RFB protocol is used by VNC, so given that
you're seeing RFB in the response it seems like you've got a VNC server
running - TightVNC, RealVNC, or one of the other VNC derivatives.

--
Dan

From: PG on
Hi,

This is a brand new installation of windows Server2008 with IIS7 and Virtual
server2005 r2 sp1. No VNC installed on this machine or on the network...

So it's got to be IIS...

If I could figure out what that message means...maybe it would help....

From: Daniel Crichton on
Did you configure IIS to listen on port 5900? If not, it's not IIS - it only
listens on port 80 by default.

I've just found this: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/virtualserver/2005/proddocs/vs_operate_using_config_vs_vmrc.mspx
which lists 5900 as being used for VMRC sessions in Virtual Server. That is
definitely not IIS, and you'd need to use a VMRC client to connect to it.

Dan

From: Daniel Crichton on
Small update - if you are trying to access the Virtual Server Administration
Website you should be using port 1024 (by default), not port 5900. More
details here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/virtualserver/2005/proddocs/vs_operate_ht_openAW.mspx?mfr=true