From: Theo Markettos on
Nix <nix-razor-pit(a)esperi.org.uk> wrote:
> It deals with all three of those cases, and makes your tea.

Hmm... I've been a bit put off by:
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Mail-in-a-Newsreader.html

(all the stuff about threading and auto-expiry, which aren't what I want
most of the time, and the fact that anything that I do need to configure I
need to set up in elisp incantations that are even more arcane than a
typical configuration file)

That suggests VM instead... anyone have any comments on how they might
compare? I can't seem to find any screenshots with a 'folder list' - does
this exist?

> (Though right now I'm using nnml backends, I plan to migrate to nnimap
> atop dovecot-on-maildir, and use mairix to search rather than, as now,
> plain grep. But I'm moving slowly: this config works, though it is a bit
> stone-age in some ways...)

That's part of the trouble... there's so much configurability that even a
simple grep-like search looks complicated.

I don't suppose it's possible for Gnus or VM to shell out to a sensible
editor for writing mail ;->

Theo