From: Martin-S on
Any recommendations for a good recovery application to retrieve
accidentally deleted files from an otherwise healthy disk?

What's the most successful tool? Free or commercial doesn't matter.

--
Martin
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 18:40:17 +0000, Martin-S <cgzjmthpzs(a)lzrpqi.net>
wrote:

>Any recommendations for a good recovery application to retrieve
>accidentally deleted files from an otherwise healthy disk?
>
>What's the most successful tool? Free or commercial doesn't matter.

I've used FileSalvage reasonably succesfully three times, including
one after a spurious repartition event.

Boomerang was much slower and didn't find as much.

Remember that the primary thing to do is to not use the partition you
need to run recovery on, in case things get overwritten - so boot the
Mac in FW-target mode, or off an external boot disk or something to do
it.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
>So, what do *you* do for a living?
I sit in a chair pressing small plastic rectangles with my fingers
while peering at many tiny, colored dots. -- Peter Manders
From: Jon B on
Martin-S <cgzjmthpzs(a)lzrpqi.net> wrote:

> Any recommendations for a good recovery application to retrieve
> accidentally deleted files from an otherwise healthy disk?
>
> What's the most successful tool? Free or commercial doesn't matter.

I've used this to recover a bunch of photos from an accidently formatted
compact flash card using TestDisk6
<http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk>
It's a terminal script but if you go into the Darwin folder once
downloaded it makes it fairly easy to walk though. Tis a freebie though.
--
Jon B
Above email address IS valid.
From: Martin-S on
In article <1ja276i.1r41i75mbgn97N%black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com>,
black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com (Jon B) wrote:

> I've used this to recover a bunch of photos from an accidently formatted
> compact flash card using TestDisk6
> <http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk>

and...

In article <rrpah55q6dk6bbc7jsfc21vt3qpr90ca66(a)4ax.com>,
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> I've used FileSalvage reasonably succesfully three times, including
> one after a spurious repartition event.

Thanks very much - I'll check them out.

--
Martin
From: Eddie on
Martin-S <cgzjmthpzs(a)lzrpqi.net> wrote:

> Any recommendations for a good recovery application to retrieve
> accidentally deleted files from an otherwise healthy disk?
>
> What's the most successful tool? Free or commercial doesn't matter.

A Mac Genius at the Mac Shop recommended File juicer.

http://echoone.com/filejuicer/

--
Regards
Eddie