From: noel888 on
I know your able to restore a deleted file from the recycle bin and it
goes back to its original slot from where it was deleted. Now, I
deleted a file from one of my flashdrive gadgets and tried to restore
it from the recycle bin, but it is no where to be found...its not back
in the original spot of the flashdrive
From: knuttle on
On 8/1/2010 4:01 PM, noel888 wrote:
> I know your able to restore a deleted file from the recycle bin and it
> goes back to its original slot from where it was deleted. Now, I
> deleted a file from one of my flashdrive gadgets and tried to restore
> it from the recycle bin, but it is no where to be found...its not back
> in the original spot of the flashdrive

I believe each drive has its own recycle bin. I have never seen a
recycle directory on a flashdrive, or similar device.

You get a similar situation when you delete across a network drive, when
deleted it is gone! No restoring from the from the recycle bin
From: Raoul Watson on
noel888 wrote:
> I know your able to restore a deleted file from the recycle bin and it
> goes back to its original slot from where it was deleted. Now, I
> deleted a file from one of my flashdrive gadgets and tried to restore
> it from the recycle bin, but it is no where to be found...its not back
> in the original spot of the flashdrive

Even after you empty the recycle bin, deleted files are
really not removed from the media. The entry in the directory
is simply marked unused.

Of course if you have written other data on the drive then it
is possible that it uses this "free space" and in that case
you cannot restore the deleted file.

You can try and get an undelete utility.
This one is free (called tesdisk, data recovery)
Works for FAT32 and NTFS
http://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk-6.12-WIP.win.zip