From: TheGame on
I have files that have a big red X through them. I already know how to fix
that and I've done it numerous times in the past, but a new problem has shown
up when I find the "missing" file:

The file you selected doesn't match the original file closely enough to be
used as a replacement.

I don't understand this because the file IS the original file that was moved
from one computer to another by means of a flash drive. How can I fix this?
From: John Inzer on
TheGame wrote:
> I have files that have a big red X through them. I already know how
> to fix that and I've done it numerous times in the past, but a new
> problem has shown up when I find the "missing" file:
>
> The file you selected doesn't match the original file closely enough
> to be used as a replacement.
>
> I don't understand this because the file IS the original file that
> was moved from one computer to another by means of a flash drive. How
> can I fix this?
=======================================
I found the following message with a Google search...
maybe it will help:

=====
"I found a quick unofficial fix: All you have to is move
the file back to the original location to edit, etc. You
can find this by right clicking on the Red X clip, going
to properties, look down under Source File, then Location.
This will give you the path to where you need to put the
file. It is annoying, but at least all your work is not lost.
Hope this helps, Acer"
=====

--

John Inzer MS-MVP