From: Guillermo Lovato on
I've read somewhere about redundancy features in 2008R2 RDS licensing but i
can't find any MS documents about it.

What are these new features and how to they are implemented?

for example, i have all my licenses active on server A and it breaks hard
then i also i have a license server B that's not activated(as all my
licenses are on server A).
What happens now?, do server b takes over all licenses? or it runs on temp,
and if it runs on temporary, why do i even have a server b if the RDS host
can do that for himself without an unactivated license server.

thanks in advance

From: Silvia Doomra [MSFT] on
Hi Guillermo,

I am not sure about what Redundancy feature you are talking about.

To answer your scenario:
server 'b' will issue temporary licenses. The use of second license server
is that in case you're a is down, 'b' can issue temp licenses. As these temp
licenses are valid only for 90 days you need to get your server 'a' up by
then.

Hope that helps!
Thanks
Silvia