From: Tiger on
I have installed a lot of windows 2003 servers through ghost image.

But I find that I can not remote desk the servers on winxp, win 7, the event
log of win 2003 is below:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Winlogon
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1218
Date: 2010-4-22
Time: 13:03:46
User: N/A
Computer: server2003
Failed to load Terminal Server Profile path. Note that the profile path must
be less than 256 characters in length. User Name: Administrator Domain:
server2003

but it is successful when I login win 2008 and then remote desk the
server2003 with same account.

thanks,

From: Shagun Sharma Tamta [MSFT] on
Hi,

See if this helps.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887434.

Thanks,
Shagun

From: Tiger on
Hi

I think that it is not permission question, because:

1. All servers do not add the domain. But after I add the servers into the
domain, I can login the servers with remote desk.

2. I can not login the servers on win XP or win 7 with the user
administrator, but I can login the servers on win 2008 with the same
account.

After I change the time zone from India to China and auto update, I can
login the servers. But I do not know why?

Thanks,

Tiger