From: totalrod2 on
This just started happening yesterday. Whenever I have my documents
open (eg: "My Music"), I could be scrolled halfway down the page when
it inexplicably "refreshes" itself, bringing me back to the top of the
page. Likewise, the icons on my desktop will momentarily blink as if I
had pressed F5. It seems to happen every couple of minutes or so and
is becoming quite a nuisance . Does anyone know what could be causing
it or how to make it stop?
Bryan

P.S. I found the following info online and decided to tried it. No
luck. So I changed it back.

Prevent Automatic Folder and Icon Refresh Enable :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
\Advanced]
"NoNetCrawling"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
\Explorer]
"Max Cached Icons"="12000"