From: wildetudor on
I have a bulleted list with several levels of indentation, and I would like
to add some text - beneath each point in the list - that is always indented a
bit to the right of however indented that point is.

Does relative indentation exist in Word 2007? I would ideally like to define
a style that indents the selection relative to what is above it, such that,
for example, a paragraph that I apply the style to will always be indented 2
cm to the right of the previous paragraph.

Thanks in advance for any help!
From: Stefan Blom on
No, Word doesn't support relative indents. You will have to create a style
for each level of indentation that you want. If you assign a keyboard
shortcut to each style, applying them to text will be easy.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

From: Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com on
Not to do what you want--that I know of--, but ...

Among the built-in styles for W2003 and later are list, list bullet, list
number, and list continue. Each is a set of nine styles with staggered
indents. The list continue styles' text start matches the text start for the

list bullet and list number styles.

Pam