From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
See my takeoff on Dr. Seuss's "If I ran the Zoo", called "If I wrote a view",

http://www.flounder.com/mcgrews_view.htm

I�ll go to the heap and with bits I�ll hobnobj,
And avoiding the Bobj, I�ll bring back an obj.
And with it, I�ll start up a really big jobj,
That solves a completely intractable probj.
Then people will flock to my site, in a mobj,
"McGrew:, they will say, "has done more than enobj!
He writes with such vim, and he writes with such vigor,
His new view, McGrew�s View, gets bigger and bigger!"

NOBODY should forget "Bob"!
joe

From: Hector Santos on
Stop! <g>

From: Doug Harrison [MVP] on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 19:04:48 -0500, BobF <nothanks(a)nospam.yum> wrote:

>I realize some consider MS a religious experience, but you actually have
>clerics?!

They're like Grammaton Clerics. You don't want to mess with them.

--
Doug Harrison
Visual C++ MVP
From: Liviu on
"Michael Fosmire [MSFT]" <mikefos(a)online.microsoft.com> wrote...

> This looks like a very obvious clerical error. I'll talk to the
> cleric in charge and get this fixed.

While at it, you may want to have the "cleric" fix it for the
microsoft.public.vc.atl group, too, where the latest pointer
(from just after you posted the message above) is...

|| Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
|| [...] We recommend that you start with
|| http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

....a generic listing-of-all web forums. It should rather be the same one
repeatedly mentioned here, most recently by Giovanni two posts above.

>> I think this should be the right place:
>>
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcmfcatl/threads

There are more dubious choices of "recommended redirection" for
..win32.programmer.ole, .win2000.cmdprompt.admin to name a couple
which I happened to look at. Doesn't MS care to plan such massive
migration in advance at all?

While I reckon that most of the regulars here must have already made
up their minds about going - or not - to the closed web forums, so these
missteps may well be inconsequential in some sense, yet the last
impression left by MS before shutting down their nntp server will have
been of utter unprofessional incoordination.

Liviu

From: nntp on
Hi All-

This has been corrected as requested! My apologies for the incorrect
pointer.

Thanks!