From: Giovanni Dicanio on
"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer(a)flounder.com> wrote:

> See my takeoff on Dr. Seuss's "If I ran the Zoo", called "If I wrote a
> view",
>
> http://www.flounder.com/mcgrews_view.htm

Joe: congrats, this is fantastic! :)
I loved it!
This was "killing" me :)

BTW: Just a simple adjustment, if you mind:

You wrote:

<dynamic_cast> never quite catches them all,
So we get an ASSERT trap at each function call.

But dynamic_cast<> throws a std::bad_alloc exception as a result of a failed
cast, so I would update the sentence like this:

dynamic_cast<> never quite catches them all,
So we get a std::bad_cast at each function call.

[I noted that some people pronounce "std" like "stood".]

Thanks for sharing with us such a fun and creative poem!

Giovanni

From: Michael Fosmire [MSFT] on
I have made the recommendation that we change the atl newsgroup to forum
suggestion based on your feedback.

If you have other suggestions, we're very open. Just email
nntp(a)microsoft.com.

-mike

From: Peter Olcott on
On 5/21/2010 9:36 AM, Michael Fosmire [MSFT] wrote:
> I have made the recommendation that we change the atl newsgroup to forum
> suggestion based on your feedback.
>
> If you have other suggestions, we're very open. Just email
> nntp(a)microsoft.com.

Don't go through with dropping the newsgroups. This is idea that is as
bad as New Coke.

From: Peter Olcott on
On 5/21/2010 9:36 AM, Michael Fosmire [MSFT] wrote:
> I have made the recommendation that we change the atl newsgroup to forum
> suggestion based on your feedback.
>
> If you have other suggestions, we're very open. Just email
> nntp(a)microsoft.com.

The idea of dropping the newsgroups is yet another reason for developers
to quit supporting the Microsoft platform.

From: Hector Santos on
What might be useful to people in their own migration plans is to
provide an a list of the first to be turned off and possible the time
order of the expected turn offs.

Like for example if you indicated this MFC group was scheduled to die
June 1, you will find many more people rushing to figure out what they
need to do more urgently.