From: Robin Bignall on
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 23:34:20 -0700, "pjp"
<pjp_is_located(a)somewhere.com> wrote:

>"Bill in Co." <not_really_here(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Just use another ISP nntp server. (I don't think the web based forums
>> are going to work out too well for a lot of us, but obviously that's
>> irrelevant as far as MS is concerned).
>
>Agreed, I'll just stop browsing them. Same as hotmail, when I can't use it
>in OE it'll be history also. I hate most web pages design philosphy, e.g.
>emphasis content not glitter with links to more glitter ad infinitum ...

Theoretically, this newsgroup is for discussion of the XP Help and
Support function, but in real life people have used it as a general
help and support group for XP. This is its strength. If you read all
of the posts you pick up tips that you might never have thought of
asking. The problem with the M$ Answers website is that it splits XP
help into 15 different categories, which is probably OK for very
specific questions but far too many for general browsing.
--
Robin
(BrE)
From: Yuri Nalysis on