From: Marv on
Q 2010 R 5 WIN7 64

In the account list, for one account,I have checked the box labeled
"Hide this account in Quicken (lists, menus etc...)".

After restarting Q, the account is no longer in the account bar, but is
still in the drop down list of transfer accounts. Is there a way of
removing it from the list?

Thank you

From: John Pollard on
Marv wrote:
> Q 2010 R 5 WIN7 64
>
> In the account list, for one account,I have checked the box labeled
> "Hide this account in Quicken (lists, menus etc...)".
>
> After restarting Q, the account is no longer in the account bar, but
> is still in the drop down list of transfer accounts. Is there a way
> of removing it from the list?

In Q2010, whenever you hide an account, Quicken automatically puts a check
mark in the Account List box to "Show hidden accounts". If you don't
remember to remove that checkmark, after you have hidden an account, you
will start seeing hidden accounts where you don't want to see them.

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: Marv on
John Pollard wrote:
> Marv wrote:
>> Q 2010 R 5 WIN7 64
>>
>> In the account list, for one account,I have checked the box labeled
>> "Hide this account in Quicken (lists, menus etc...)".
>>
>> After restarting Q, the account is no longer in the account bar, but
>> is still in the drop down list of transfer accounts. Is there a way
>> of removing it from the list?
>
> In Q2010, whenever you hide an account, Quicken automatically puts a check
> mark in the Account List box to "Show hidden accounts". If you don't
> remember to remove that checkmark, after you have hidden an account, you
> will start seeing hidden accounts where you don't want to see them.

Thanks for your perfect response!