From: Mike Coon on
Todd Allcock wrote:
> The OP was referring to components of th OS itself, like Internet
> Explorer Mobile, which are in the device's firmware ("ROM") which is
> not rewritable or eraseable without special software and a modicum of
> expertise, neither of which is required by an end-user.

Also, therefore, there is little point in removing stuff from it except,
perhaps, to prevent some "unauthorised" usage, say by a toddler...

Mike.
--
If reply address is invalid, remove spurious "@" and substitute "plus"
where needed.

From: peter on
Thank you very much for the help & advice guys

From: "Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen" on
What is your exact device model? The easiest way to do it is installing a
cooked "lite" ROM from XDA-Devs - easier than cooking you rown ROM.

"peter" <peter(a)softhome.net> wrote in news:hgm1hq$m74$1(a)aioe.org:

> thank you very much,
> I would sure appreciate some more information about it
> cheers
>

> "Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen" <no(a)emails.please> wrote in message
>> Only by "cooking" and flashing your own ROM. MoDaCo ran a very nice
>> series of articles on this; if you're still interested, I can look up
>> the URL.
>>

>> "peter" <peter(a)softhome.net> wrote in news:hglrbp$dgf$1(a)aioe.org:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> I would like to remove some unsed WM5 components to free up memory.
>>> Programs I do not need are Internet Explorer, media player, acrobat
>>> reader. Is it possible to remove and how?
>>> tia