From: JWald on

-----
> Did you read my post?

Did you submit the same question to the Peavey forum? Didn't see THAT
in your post.

K.

Yes. Here it is again.

--
J Wald

"You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.... "

From: GregS on
In article <c3tgo5539pktggqdhcihbb5k9b6s1e9vb6(a)4ax.com>, Leon(a)nospam.com wrote:

>I got hold of a couple of old boxes, most drivers are burned out and some of
> the
>cab is damaged, and the front panel is a mess.
>
>I'm going to replace the front, and need to use a new mid and some tweeters...
>
>Question...
>
>Original box had a horizontal row of piezos, should I try to copy this? Or is
> it
>better to make a vertical column of tweeters?
>
>For mids I have a choice of a 12" 400 watt driver, or 2 - 8" 225 watt
> drivers...
>
>(After looking thru my stock...)
>
>The woofers are 15", still good...
>
>Could I do all of the highs with a compression driver instead? What would that
>cost?
>
>The "use" plan for these cabs is for extra speakers for venues larger than I
>normally do...
>
>This is basically a budget system, an experiment if you will, I won't be buying
>a lot of new stuff.
>
>Thanks for any ideas!, but
As far as cheap, and this one seems expensive, appears it may be obsolete
this was the best of the bunch. one may do, or two vertical. I thought I saw these
last year for $4

Model KSN1177
http://www.speakerrepair.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=genem&Product_Code=03-298&Category_Code=add_q_piezo

For mids, you really need to be able to calculate spl's and efficiency, and all that other stuff.
I like 2 to 4 vertical 6.5's or 8's.
12 inch mid, NO GOOD, generally, but it depends.

greg

From: GregS on
In article <hmgu04$eos$1(a)usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu>, zekfrivo(a)zekfrivolous.com (GregS) wrote:
>In article <c3tgo5539pktggqdhcihbb5k9b6s1e9vb6(a)4ax.com>, Leon(a)nospam.com wrote:
>>
>>I got hold of a couple of old boxes, most drivers are burned out and some of
>> the
>>cab is damaged, and the front panel is a mess.
>>
>>I'm going to replace the front, and need to use a new mid and some tweeters...
>>
>>Question...
>>
>>Original box had a horizontal row of piezos, should I try to copy this? Or is
>> it
>>better to make a vertical column of tweeters?
>>
>>For mids I have a choice of a 12" 400 watt driver, or 2 - 8" 225 watt
>> drivers...
>>
>>(After looking thru my stock...)
>>
>>The woofers are 15", still good...
>>
>>Could I do all of the highs with a compression driver instead? What would that
>>cost?
>>
>>The "use" plan for these cabs is for extra speakers for venues larger than I
>>normally do...
>>
>>This is basically a budget system, an experiment if you will, I won't be
> buying
>>a lot of new stuff.
>>
>>Thanks for any ideas!, but
>As far as cheap, and this one seems expensive, appears it may be obsolete
>this was the best of the bunch. one may do, or two vertical. I thought I saw
> these
>last year for $4
>.
>
>Model KSN1177
>http://www.speakerrepair.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=genem&Prod
>uct_Code=03-298&Category_Code=add_q_piezo
>.
>For mids, you really need to be able to calculate spl's and efficiency, and all
> that other stuff.
>I like 2 to 4 vertical 6.5's or 8's.
>12 inch mid, NO GOOD, generally, but it depends.
>
>greg

I would say all piezo are obsolete, except for exotic designs. There is a fellow who specializes
in making bass horns that the back chamber is ported out the front into the horn. Anyway, He showed charts
and stuff in Speaker Builder magazine that showed improved performance over non ported.
The thing was he used that dual piezo driver I showed for a full range speaker. Seemed like his design could
have been improved, but I guess he was satisfied.

greg

From: Krooburg Science on
On Feb 27, 7:54 pm, "JWald" <wl...(a)grics.net> wrote:
> "Krooburg Science" <kroob...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Feb 27, 12:10 pm, "JWald" <wl...(a)grics.net> wrote:
>

> > "Krooburg Science" <kroob...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Feb 27, 10:17 am, "JWald" <wl...(a)grics.net> wrote:
>
> > > I have a similar question. I have a pair Peavey Subcompact
> > > 18'shttp://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80301953.pdf
> > > I need to replace one basket listed as a 1801-8 KA, 350/700w. According
> > > Peaveys replacement
> > > guide,http://www.peavey.com/support/spkrcomponents/spkr_comps.pdf
> > > and their forum, the 1808-8 HE is the proper replacement basket but it
> > > is
> > > rated at 500/1000w. It is also recommended for the SP model; mine aren't
> > > SP's. I have found 1801 LT's on ebay, but I want to get the right basket
> > > the
> > > first time. Would you anticipate any problem if I were to go with a pair
> > > of
> > > the the newer 8 ohm 500w baskets?
> > > How about the 4 ohm version? Thanks.
>
> > > --
> > > J Wald
>
> > I would check on the Peavey forums on their website. The designers and
> > techs for Peavey are on there all the time and can answer your
> > question.
>
> > K.
>
> -----
>
> > Did you read my post?
>
> Did you submit the same question to the Peavey forum? Didn't see THAT
> in your post.
>
> K.
>
> Yes. Here it is again.
>

> > > According to
> Peaveys replacement
> > > guide,http://www.peavey.com/support/spkrcomponents/spkr_comps.pdf
> > > and their forum, the 1808-8 HE is the proper replacement basket but it
> > > is
> > > rated at 500/1000w.

Yes, but did you ask *this* questions from your OP: "I have found 1801
LT's on ebay, but I want to get the right basket the
first time. Would you anticipate any problem if I were to go with a
pair of the the newer 8 ohm 500w baskets? How about the 4 ohm
version?"

It seems this followup question is better suited in the Peavey forum
where their experts reside...

K.
From: JWald on

On Feb 27, 7:54 pm, "JWald" <wl...(a)grics.net> wrote:
> "Krooburg Science" <kroob...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Feb 27, 12:10 pm, "JWald" <wl...(a)grics.net> wrote:
>

> > "Krooburg Science" <kroob...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Feb 27, 10:17 am, "JWald" <wl...(a)grics.net> wrote:
>
> > > I have a similar question. I have a pair Peavey Subcompact
> > > 18'shttp://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80301953.pdf
> > > I need to replace one basket listed as a 1801-8 KA, 350/700w.
> > > According
> > > Peaveys replacement
> > > guide,http://www.peavey.com/support/spkrcomponents/spkr_comps.pdf
> > > and their forum, the 1808-8 HE is the proper replacement basket but it
> > > is
> > > rated at 500/1000w. It is also recommended for the SP model; mine
> > > aren't
> > > SP's. I have found 1801 LT's on ebay, but I want to get the right
> > > basket
> > > the
> > > first time. Would you anticipate any problem if I were to go with a
> > > pair
> > > of
> > > the the newer 8 ohm 500w baskets?
> > > How about the 4 ohm version? Thanks.
>
> > > --
> > > J Wald
>
> > I would check on the Peavey forums on their website. The designers and
> > techs for Peavey are on there all the time and can answer your
> > question.
>
> > K.
>
> -----
>
> > Did you read my post?
>
> Did you submit the same question to the Peavey forum? Didn't see THAT
> in your post.
>
> K.
>
> Yes. Here it is again.
>

> > > According to
> Peaveys replacement
> > > guide,http://www.peavey.com/support/spkrcomponents/spkr_comps.pdf
> > > and their forum, the 1808-8 HE is the proper replacement basket but it
> > > is
> > > rated at 500/1000w.

Yes, but did you ask *this* questions from your OP: "I have found 1801
LT's on ebay, but I want to get the right basket the
first time. Would you anticipate any problem if I were to go with a
pair of the the newer 8 ohm 500w baskets? How about the 4 ohm
version?"

It seems this followup question is better suited in the Peavey forum
where their experts reside...

K.

Yes K, I asked and gave the same info on the Peavey forum. I'm asking here
because all I got there was an answer from one guy who suggested the
replacement speaker guide. As I stated earlier, that guide does not address
my particular box. No Peavey people, or you, ever submitted an answer. Do
you have a usable answer, or are we going to just continue to go around in
circles on this?

--
J Wald

"You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.... "

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Back
Next: Creditors driving you mad?