From: Leon on

I got hold of a couple of old boxes, most drivers are burned out and some of the
cab is damaged, and the front panel is a mess.

I'm going to replace the front, and need to use a new mid and some tweeters...

Question...

Original box had a horizontal row of piezos, should I try to copy this? Or is it
better to make a vertical column of tweeters?

For mids I have a choice of a 12" 400 watt driver, or 2 - 8" 225 watt drivers...

(After looking thru my stock...)

The woofers are 15", still good...

Could I do all of the highs with a compression driver instead? What would that
cost?

The "use" plan for these cabs is for extra speakers for venues larger than I
normally do...

This is basically a budget system, an experiment if you will, I won't be buying
a lot of new stuff.

Thanks for any ideas!

From: Krooburg Science on
On Feb 27, 10:17 am, "JWald" <wl...(a)grics.net> wrote:
> I have a similar question. I have a pair Peavey Subcompact 18'shttp://www..peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80301953.pdf
> I need to replace one basket listed as a 1801-8 KA, 350/700w. According to
> Peaveys replacement guide,http://www.peavey.com/support/spkrcomponents/spkr_comps.pdf
> and their forum, the 1808-8 HE is the proper replacement basket but it is
> rated at 500/1000w. It is also recommended for the SP model; mine aren't
> SP's. I have found 1801 LT's on ebay, but I want to get the right basket the
> first time. Would you anticipate any problem if I were to go with a pair of
> the the newer 8 ohm 500w baskets?
> How about the 4 ohm version? Thanks.
>
> --
> J Wald

I would check on the Peavey forums on their website. The designers and
techs for Peavey are on there all the time and can answer your
question.

K.
From: Sean Conolly on
<Leon(a)nospam.com> wrote in message

> I got hold of a couple of old boxes, most drivers are burned out and some
> of the
> cab is damaged, and the front panel is a mess.
>
> I'm going to replace the front, and need to use a new mid and some
> tweeters...
>
> Question...
>
> Original box had a horizontal row of piezos, should I try to copy this? Or
> is it
> better to make a vertical column of tweeters?
>
> For mids I have a choice of a 12" 400 watt driver, or 2 - 8" 225 watt
> drivers...
>
> (After looking thru my stock...)
>
> The woofers are 15", still good...
>
> Could I do all of the highs with a compression driver instead? What would
> that
> cost?
>
> The "use" plan for these cabs is for extra speakers for venues larger than
> normally do...
>
> This is basically a budget system, an experiment if you will, I won't be
> buying
> a lot of new stuff.

One of my friends offered my a couple of speakers like that for free a
couple of years ago. I told him they weren't worth the gas money to pick
them up, and I wasn't kidding.

If you're bored and just want to see what you can make for the least money,
go for it. But keep your expectations low, and you won't be disappointed.

Sean

From: JWald on

"Krooburg Science" <krooburg(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Feb 27, 10:17 am, "JWald" <wl...(a)grics.net> wrote:
> I have a similar question. I have a pair Peavey Subcompact
> 18'shttp://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80301953.pdf
> I need to replace one basket listed as a 1801-8 KA, 350/700w. According to
> Peaveys replacement
> guide,http://www.peavey.com/support/spkrcomponents/spkr_comps.pdf
> and their forum, the 1808-8 HE is the proper replacement basket but it is
> rated at 500/1000w. It is also recommended for the SP model; mine aren't
> SP's. I have found 1801 LT's on ebay, but I want to get the right basket
> the
> first time. Would you anticipate any problem if I were to go with a pair
> of
> the the newer 8 ohm 500w baskets?
> How about the 4 ohm version? Thanks.
>
> --
> J Wald

I would check on the Peavey forums on their website. The designers and
techs for Peavey are on there all the time and can answer your
question.

K.

Did you read my post?
--
J Wald

"You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.... "

From: Krooburg Science on

-----
> Did you read my post?

Did you submit the same question to the Peavey forum? Didn't see THAT
in your post.

K.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3