From: Daave on
I don't understand why you got rid of the cross-post. OP's issue
revolves around a Dell that is running Windows XP. It seems logical to
crosspost to the two newsgroups he did.

Now, if someone from the XP group has something useful to contribute,
expanding on your suggestions/questions, it won't be able to happen.

From: RnR on
On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 09:14:54 -0500, "Daave" <daave(a)example.com> wrote:

>I don't understand why you got rid of the cross-post. OP's issue
>revolves around a Dell that is running Windows XP. It seems logical to
>crosspost to the two newsgroups he did.
>
>Now, if someone from the XP group has something useful to contribute,
>expanding on your suggestions/questions, it won't be able to happen.

Daave, I agree 100% with you. I don't and never have agreed with
Chris on this issue. To be honest, I don't recall anyone except for
one other person, requesting no crossposting here. Actually I think
the positives (more knowledge) outweigh the negatives (more spammers)
based on my observation of this newsgroup. Yes, on occasion we do
get spammers here but as a group, we seem to do well to get rid of
them over time.
From: Nick on

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 09:14:54 -0500, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, "Daave"
<daave(a)example.com> wrote:

>I don't understand why you got rid of the cross-post. OP's issue
>revolves around a Dell that is running Windows XP. It seems logical to
>crosspost to the two newsgroups he did.
>
>Now, if someone from the XP group has something useful to contribute,
>expanding on your suggestions/questions, it won't be able to happen.

Keep in mind that his removal of the crossposting only affects his post and
the posts responding to it.

So the rest of the appropriately crossposted thread about the original topic
will still be visible in the intended newsgroups, and only those of us who
respond in this little subthread will be affected (and we could easily
restore the newsgroup header if we thought this discussion needed to be
propagated to the other newsgroup).

--
Nick <mailto:tanstaafl(a)pobox.com>

Prove your manhood: flame a newbie today!
<That's sarcasm, folks...>
From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

> I don't understand why you got rid of the cross-post.

In this case, it fails to make sense. There is a pre-operating system
problem here, as the OP is having trouble even getting the system to pass
through its POST.

I feel it is very likely that a fan is not running or that something is
plugged up, causing overheating. The original poster should clean the
system, verify that all fans are running, reseat all the expansion cards,
remove and reinsert all the cables plugging into the system and try again.

William

From: Ben Myers on
William R. Walsh wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> I don't understand why you got rid of the cross-post.
>
> In this case, it fails to make sense. There is a pre-operating system
> problem here, as the OP is having trouble even getting the system to pass
> through its POST.
>
> I feel it is very likely that a fan is not running or that something is
> plugged up, causing overheating. The original poster should clean the
> system, verify that all fans are running, reseat all the expansion cards,
> remove and reinsert all the cables plugging into the system and try again.
>
> William

It's actually dangerous to ask a Microsoft software "expert" a question
about hardware problems. The pained and vague explanations of all the
Windows stop codes attest to that. The best and most consistent
explanation for any Windows stop code is: "Something went wrong. We do
not have a clue." Rarely do the suggested solutions for stop code
problems work... Ben Myers
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Antivirus Pro Virus