From: ashley90 on
Hiya!

I'm creating a report that has a chart detailing what are our customers are
coming to see our advisors about. Its just a pie chart that counts how many
people came to see them about funding, personal issues etc. Following a
meeting regarding this they now want an additional category box on the form
in case someone comes to see them about more than thing, so another
category....

Is there a way in which i could add the categories from the additional one,
to the initial box so that those figures are also included in the 1 pie chart
on the report?

I don't know if ive explained this very well!! Help!!

Ashley
From: Dale Fye on
Ashley,

Depending on the number of categories you have, trying to keep track of all
the possible combinations of categories that might get discussed in a single
meeting would be extremely painful.

Instead, what you need is a table (tbl_Visit_Issues) that contains a
Visit_ID and a Reason_ID, and you allow multiple reasons for each visit, then
you when you count the # of reasons, your pie chart would come out correct.

----
HTH
Dale