From: Roland on
I am using a macro to consolidate multiple schedules into a single IMS. When
the macro completed, I noticed about half the resources contained 0 hours in
the summary work but contains work on their assigned tasks. MSP identified
some resources as being overallocated even with 0 hrs. I am using MSP 2007
and Calculation = Automatic.

Example:

Named Resource 0 hrs (should equal 30)
Task 1 10 hrs
Task 2 20 hrs

Any suggestions as to why some resources work fine but others don't?

From: JulieS on
Roland,
I vaguely recall some issues with irregularities showing on work
in consolidated projects prior to SP-2. Do you have SP-2 installed?

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project

From: Roland on
Hi Julie,

Yes we have SP2 installed. I don't know what the latest installed CU might
be.

RC

From: JulieS on
Hi RC,

Are you recreating the IMS each time or attempting to add
additional data?

If you manually consolidate do you see the same issues?

I am guessing you have a resource pool or are you attempting to
also consolidate the assignments through the macro?

From: Roland on
Hi Julie,

We have an enterprise resource pool but the IMS is being created off the
server by the macro on a weekly basis. I've manually created the IMS (insert
project-unlinked) as well and see the same results so I'm wondering if it
some sort of setting issue(?).