From: avimia on
Hello experts,

Is there any way to show resources (human) in same style as the "Timeline"?

The bar graph in waterfall style works fine in Timeline. But, rather than
that "timeline" showing each task along the way, I would like to show each
bar as each human (resource). So, in esssence I could see what
human-resource's tasks are over-lapping (in a time period) with anothers.
Even better would be to see this per each task. But, I would settle for just
seeing what human is over lapping with another.

Thanks!

From: Trevor Rabey on
Let's assume for the moment that what you are trying to do is necessary
and/or useful, and that it is not already taken care of in existing
functionality of MSP, such as in the "Who Does What When" Report or the Task
Usage View, Resource Usage View or the Resource Graph View.

How could it be done?
Well, if you just have 1 Resource assigned to a Task then you could just
swap the Task Name for the Resource Name.
If you have more than 1 Resource assigned, you would need a bar and a
"pseudo-task" for each assignment.

Of course, this does not show one bar per Resource, with all of that
resource's task assignments aggregated into that one bar.
But you could create a Summary for the Resource, with all of its assignments
indented under it, and then the Summary would be what you are looking for.

But, depending on how complicated your plan is, this is a lot of messin
about for somethin which I would suggest is not really needed, or is
otherwise addressed by other built-in functionality. And, anyway, the Gantt
Chart is primarilty about Tasks, not Resources.
--
Trevor Rabey
0407213955

From: Jan De Messemaeker on
Hi,

This is done in Project 2010, it's called the team planner view. Not in
earlier versions I'm afraid.
You could always use the Using Resource... filter in the Gantt Chart view to
see this resource by resource.

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional

From: JulieS on
Hello Avima,

See if the Resource Allocation view gets you close. The resource
allocation view is the Resource Usage view in the top pane and
the leveling Gantt in the lower pane.

By selecting a resource name in the top (Resource usage) pane,
you see the tasks assigned to that specific resource in the lower
pane.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional
information about Microsoft Project