From: polymod on

"Sue Morton" <867-5309(a)domain.invalid> wrote in message
> Ricky --
>
> I hope you're still reading this forum...
>
> A spammer has gotten into your hotmail account and is spamming your
> address book. Please change your password immediately, if you haven't
> already done so.
>
> Haven't heard from you in a while, I hope all is well.

Hi Sue....I copied this message to him at his facebook mail account.

Best,
Larry

From: Ricky Hunt on
Sue, et al,

I've been trying to spend less time on the computer (only doing things that
HAVE to be done) so I haven't been reading but I should've and meant to
check in by now (especially given my condition which is still good days and
bad but overall good and I'm getting out 2-3 times a week!).

Sue, this spamming thing has happened before and I've realized is happening
again but I can't figure out how. The only email reader I use is Windows
Live via IE8. AFAIK it's something in the original email that starts it. The
email looks OK (can't remember now what it was or even the sender/subject)
but it starts sending messages to people on my Windows Live Contact List
somehow. That's what I don't understand. I know it's not coming from my
Window's Address Book (e.g. name.wab) because some of the bounced spams I
get are to people that aren't in my WAB file. And I don't think they have my
email password. I have multiple accounts and AFAIK they only come from one.
Do you have any idea what's happening or how it's being done?

Thanks

From: Sue Morton on
Good thinking polyLarrymod! Thank you :-)
--
Sue Morton

From: Sue Morton on
This scam to get email addresses for spam lists has been going on for a
couple of years at Hotmail, maybe longer. It's always a Hotmail
account, like yours. The spammer gains access to your account in
various ways, most people that I've been in contact with have either
replied to a seemingly innocent email or opened one that launched an
attachment.

Please change your password immediately, so at least the spammer cannot
continue to harvest anything from your Hotmail account. Then consider
opening a new account somewhere else, since m$ doesn't seem to be
spending any time trying to nail this scam as far as I can tell.
--
Sue Morton

From: BobF on
On 8/3/2010 2:26 PM, Sue Morton wrote:
> This scam to get email addresses for spam lists has been going on for a
> couple of years at Hotmail, maybe longer. It's always a Hotmail
> account, like yours. The spammer gains access to your account in
> various ways, most people that I've been in contact with have either
> replied to a seemingly innocent email or opened one that launched an
> attachment.
>
> Please change your password immediately, so at least the spammer cannot
> continue to harvest anything from your Hotmail account. Then consider
> opening a new account somewhere else, since m$ doesn't seem to be
> spending any time trying to nail this scam as far as I can tell.

That, or stay away from the pRon sites!! ;-)