From: SetonSoftware on
On Aug 4, 4:18 pm, CLM <C...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thx guys.
>
> I think you're right cuzz I noticed it was running painfully slow from the
> client even tho, I'm pretty sure anyway, I had all parameters set correctly
> such as batch size, fast load, etc.
>

> "Payson" wrote:
> > On Aug 4, 2:20 pm, SetonSoftware <seton.softw...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > > You're using your laptop to _launch) the execution of the SSIS package
> > > on Server A. It's not _running_ on your laptop, but rather on Server
> > > A. The data should not go to your laptop at all. The only way it would
> > > go to your laptop is if the SSIS package was on the laptop even though
> > > it controlled data on Servers A and B.
>
> > I don't think that's so.  If you interactively start an SSIS package
> > from the designer on a client machine, it executes on the client
> > machine.  So did DTS.  I've gotten caught too many times by the
> > corporate network police when they spotted the data flowing from the
> > source through the client to the target.
>
> > You can get around this in a couple of ways.  The best is to deploy
> > the package to your server, then create a job to run it.
>
> > Or you can remote in to the server (using terminal services or
> > something similar) and run the job interactively from the remote
> > session.
>
> > Good luck
>
> > Payson

If the package is installed on the laptop then the data will go
through the laptop. It sounded like the original question asked if the
package was installed on the server and just run from the laptop (at
whihc point you should be able to disconnect your laptop and it will
keep running). In that case, the data shouldn't hit the client at all.

Thanks

Carl