From: Mikey on
On Jun 22, 4:44 pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
<richn...(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 00:59:24 -0700 (PDT), Mikey <texan...(a)hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >On Jun 21, 10:00 pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
> ><richn...(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> >> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 19:26:24 -0700 (PDT), Mikey <texan...(a)hotmail.com>
> >> wrote:
>
> >> [ snip ]

> >> I guess that depends on what you mean.
>
> >> 1. Did you have a problem renaming the CSR file that already exists?
> >> 2. Did you have a problem deleting the CSR file that already exists?
> >> 3. Did you add "-force:$true" to the cmdlet to overwrite the existing
> >> CSR file?
>
> >> -Force <SwitchParameter>
> >> Use this parameter switch to overwrite an existing certificate
> >> request file that matches the same file path as specified in
> >> this cmdlet.
> >> By default, this cmdlet will not overwrite existing files.
>
> >> 4. Did you tell the cmdlet to write the CSR file to a different path?
> >> ---
> >> Rich Matheisen
> >> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>
> >See post above yours.
>
> If I was looking at this in a web browser that might make sense. But
> if you're refering to your other posting at 3:59AM it doesn't answer
> any of the questions I asked.
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I didn't have a CSR there to overwrite. What kept me from writing the
request was that even though I am logged in as the administrator, I
haven't got in the habit of using the 'run as administrator' option.
Once I did that, it created the request, I re-keyed my certificate,
but when I tried to install it, it wouldn't, saying it didn't match
the name of the server, or something along those lines, probably
because the original request was for remote.mydomain.com & I tried to
create it for exchange.mydomain.com.
As Cliff suggested, I changed my SRV record to point to
remote.mydomain.com. so now any knid of smart phone connects with no
problem, I am not getting warnings when using OWA, but I still cannot
connect remote clients using Outlook Anywhere! The test exchange
website still throws up a bunch of error, as well, so I am open for
any suggestions, including jumping off of a very tall building at this
point!
Seriously, I appreciate all the help you guys are offering, it's been
a loooong day....
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:41:27 -0700 (PDT), Mikey <texan767(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:

[ snip ]

>I didn't have a CSR there to overwrite. What kept me from writing the
>request was that even though I am logged in as the administrator, I
>haven't got in the habit of using the 'run as administrator' option.
>Once I did that, it created the request, I re-keyed my certificate,
>but when I tried to install it, it wouldn't, saying it didn't match
>the name of the server, or something along those lines, probably
>because the original request was for remote.mydomain.com & I tried to
>create it for exchange.mydomain.com.

>As Cliff suggested, I changed my SRV record to point to
>remote.mydomain.com. so now any knid of smart phone connects with no
>problem, I am not getting warnings when using OWA, but I still cannot
>connect remote clients using Outlook Anywhere!

And Outlook's "Exchange Proxy Settings" use what server name?

>The test exchange
>website still throws up a bunch of error, as well, so I am open for
>any suggestions,

You've already been offered suggestions. One of them was to reveal the
names you're using in the certificate and in Outlook. You can't expect
to get meaningful help for an identity problem if you remain
anonymous.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Cliff Galiher - MVP on
Okay, once again getting everyone up to speed. The SRV record has been
created and I got an updated Autodiscover log, info filtered and two
important "errors" posted below:
------------------------
Certificate trust is being validated.
The test passed with some warnings encountered. Please expand the
additional details.
Additional Details
Only able to build certificate chain when using the Root Certificate Update
functionality from Windows Update. Your server may not be properly
configured to send down the required intermediate certificates to complete
the chain. Consult the certificate installation instructions or FAQ's from
your Certificate Authority for more information.
--------------------------------
Fore issue #1, I viewed the certificate and it is issued by GoDaddy.
GoDaddy uses "intermediate" certificates that must also be installed to
resolve this warning. Here is a blog post outlining the process. Perform
this process to resolve the warning.
http://sbs.seandaniel.com/2009/02/installing-godaddy-standard-ssl.html

--------------------------------
ExRCA is attempting to send an Autodiscover POST request to potential
Autodiscover URLs.
Autodiscover settings weren't obtained when the Autodiscover POST request
was sent.
Test Steps
Attempting to Retrieve XML AutoDiscover Response from url
https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml for user
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt(a)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.yyy
Failed to obtain AutoDiscover XML response.
Additional Details
A Web Exception occurred because an HTTP 401 - Unauthorized response was
received from Unknown
-----------------------------------
Issue #2:
The URL is not returning any autodiscover info with a 401 error. This is
usually an authentication error, so what I'd recommend doing is opening IIS
via the snap-in located in Administrative tools.
Expand the sites and find the site called "SBS Web Apps"
Locate the "autodiscover" virtual directory and select it.
Click on "authentication" in the center pane under the IIS group.
There should be TWO authentication methods enabled.
Basic authentication is used for external clients. Since they operate over
SSL, the channel is still secure so the weakness of basic authentication is
mitigated and this is safe.
Windows Authentication is used by internal clients.
All other authentication methods should be DISABLED.

That should hopefully resolve the remaining issues.

--
Cliff Galiher
Microsoft has opened the Small Business Server forum on Technet! Check it

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 00:20:02 -0600, "Cliff Galiher - MVP"
<cgaliher(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Okay, once again getting everyone up to speed. The SRV record has been
>created and I got an updated Autodiscover log, info filtered and two
>important "errors" posted below:
>------------------------

Just trying to browse to his server gives me errors that the
certificate's revoked.

Maybe he has the cert installed on the CAS but not on ISA/TMG?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Mikey on
On Jun 22, 10:19 pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
<richn...(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:41:27 -0700 (PDT), Mikey <texan...(a)hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>                                         [ snip ]
>
> >I didn't have a CSR there to overwrite. What kept me from writing the
> >request was that even though I am logged in as the administrator, I
> >haven't got in the habit of using the 'run as administrator' option.
> >Once I did that, it created the request, I re-keyed my certificate,
> >but when I tried to install it, it wouldn't, saying it didn't match
> >the name of the server, or something along those lines, probably
> >because the original request was for remote.mydomain.com & I tried to
> >create it for exchange.mydomain.com.
> >As Cliff suggested, I changed my SRV record to point to
> >remote.mydomain.com. so now any knid of smart phone connects with no
> >problem, I am not getting warnings when using OWA, but I still cannot
> >connect remote clients using Outlook Anywhere!
>
> And Outlook's "Exchange Proxy Settings" use what server name?
>
> >The test exchange
> >website still throws up a bunch of error, as well, so I am open for
> >any suggestions,
>
> You've already been offered suggestions. One of them was to reveal the
> names you're using in the certificate and in Outlook. You can't expect
> to get meaningful help for an identity problem if you remain
> anonymous.
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

The CN is remote.mydomain.com I tried to make this
exchange.mydomain.com, but SBS's certificate request thinks remote
would be a better name, even though the server is named exchange!
The other names on the certificate are;
autodiscover.mydomain.com
exchange.mydomain.com
exchange.mydomain.local
sites

In Outlook, I've tried to use remote.mydomain.com and
exchange.mydomain.com & it doesn't like either of them!
What's even stranger, is that if you try to use OWA from a Mac (&
probably same goes for iPhones), I get the warning that the cert is
invalid. If I ask to show the certificate, it lists the following;
remote.mydomain.com
wwww.remote.mydomain.com
autodiscover.mydomain.com
exchange
exchange.mydomain.local
sites

Why isn't exchange.mydomain.com listed there? It's what the browser/
iphone is looking for, & it's also one of my SAN names!!!