From: Danny on
Having trouble with a new SBS 2003 R2 install, setup will not continue on the
two following errors and associated SBSMSI-remote.log. Any assistance would
be much appreciated, as my SBS server setup will not proceed until these are
resolved.

Server Tools red X error:
An error occurred while copying files for the Server Tools component. See
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Integration\Windows Small Business Server
2003\Logs\SBSMSI-remote.LOG for the list of files that were not copied. You
may want to run Setup again and reinstall the component.

Server Configuration red X error:
MSDE 2000 Service Pack 4 did not install. For additional instructions, see
the SQL Server 2000 Service Pack Web site at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=46241.

I would post my SBSMIS-remote.log, but I am not sure what information it may
contain that will put the server at risk.

From: WK on
I dont have an answer for you. This link may help.

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=An+error+occurred+while+copying+files+for+the+Server+Tools+component&num=10&scoring=r&hl=en&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=*sbs&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=22&as_maxm=3&as_maxy=2007&safe=off

--
Wayne Kent
wkent(a)netsandbytesdotcom

From: "Jacky Luo [MSFT]" on
Hi Danny,

Thanks for posting here.

From the description, I understand the issue is that SBS 2003 R2 fail to
install due to the two errors. If I am off base, please don't hesitate to
let me know.

Let us refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1.Un-installed the R2 disk from Add/Remove programs then re-installed the
R2 disk again

2.if issue persists,please check in the Errorlog.txt file located at
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Integration\Windows Small Business Server
2003\Logs, do you see the following errors:

[MM/DD/YY,14:39:45] Server Configuration: [2] An error occurred while
accessing domain information. Open Active Directory Users and Computers,
and verify that objects appear. Rerun Setup.
[MM/DD/YY,14:39:45] Server Configuration: [2]
CSuiteHelpComponentRoot::PreInstall:
RefreshAdmin failed with error [80072030]!

======
Cause:
======

The problem is caused by missing Display Identifiers in Active Directory.
The error 0x80072030 actually means "Object not found" as the SBS Setup
searches for specific Display Specifiers.

============
RESOLUTION
============

NOTE: The solution to the symptoms described above should only be followed
if the exact errors as described under the symptoms section are logged in
the Errorlog.txt file.

To add the missing Display Specifiers follow the section "Rebuilding
Non-English Display Specifiers" in the following articles:

308592.KB.EN-US How Dcpromo.exe Adds Display Specifiers to Active Directory
Forests

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308592/en-us

You receive an "An error occurred while accessing domain information" error
message when you install Windows Small Business Server 2003 Server tools
and configure Component Messages

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886207/en-us

If issue still occurs,please help me collect the following information for
analysis:

1.errorlog.txt,R2setup.log, SBSMSI-updateservices.log, SBSMSI-remote.log
located at c:\program files\Microsoft Integration\Windows Small Business
Server 2003\logs

2.Please send me a screenshot of the on screen error for the SBS R2 setup
wizard,save as jpg file and send to me at v-jaluo(a)microsoft.com

3.Please send me the MPS report

a. Visit
http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/b/1/bb139fcb-4aac-4fe5-a579-30b0bd9
15706/MPSRPT_NETWORK.EXE. to download the file.
b. Run the MPSRPT_NETWORK.EXE on the server box.
c. Wait for 10~15 minutes.
d. Open Windows explorer, navigate to
%SYSTEMROOT%\MPSReports\Network\Reports\cab\
e. Send the .cab file directly to me at v-jaluo(a)microsoft.com

I appreciate your time. I am happy to be of assistance and look forward to
your reply.

Best regards,

Jacky Luo (MSFT)
Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to
assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by
posting

from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader: microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!