From: Steve Foster on
SteveB wrote:

> SBS 2003 will only work with ISA 2004 and preferably in the
> integrated install provided by SBS 2003 Premium so you can use the
> wizards for ease of setup.

Tripe.

I see no reason why ISA2006 should not work. However, the SBS wizards
are not designed for ISA2006, and _probably_ won't work with it. In
that scenario, Mark would need to do all the configuring of ISA by hand.

--
Steve Foster
For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:
From: Steve Foster on
Mark wrote:

> Thanks Steve
>
> I did try ISA2004 and had the same problem, so then tried 2006, think
> I might have Premium will take a look tomorrow.

As long as your SBS is up-to-date on service packs and patches, the SBS
wizrds (particularly the CEICW) should configure ISA2004 for you quite
happily, no matter how you installed it.

Running the CEICW after installing ISA will configure it properly for
SBS.

From: SteveB on
Steve it may be tripe but it isn't supported by MS and as you say there
would be a lot of manual configuration to do without the CEICW to help. Now
of course it's Mark's decision whether to try it or not. I think ISA 2004
would be a better choice for him.

From: Steve Foster on
SteveB wrote:

> Steve it may be tripe but it isn't supported by MS and as you say
> there would be a lot of manual configuration to do without the CEICW
> to help. Now of course it's Mark's decision whether to try it or not.
> I think ISA 2004 would be a better choice for him.

Outside the scope of the SBS wizards != not supported by MS.

I don't see any reason ISA2006 would be unsupported in an SBS2003
environment.

However, I would be inclined to agree that going with ISA2004 is likely
the better choice.