From: FHP via WinServerKB.com on
I am in the process of cleaning up a SBS 2003 server for migration to SBS
2008. The only outstanding BPA comment I have is for SharePoint (MSSQL
$SharePoint service not started; MSSQL$SharePoint service not set to start
automatically). The SharePoint will not start, but we do not use it anyway.
I am wondering if this will prevent the migration to SBS 2008. Can anyone
tell me if I need to re-install SharePoint on the old SBS 2003 server before
I start the SBS 2008 migtration process?

From: Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] on
If you're not running Sharepoint, this shouldn't stop the migration.

--
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)
Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed

"FHP via WinServerKB.com" <u20843(a)uwe> wrote in message news:ac206f2f04ee1(a)uwe...
I am in the process of cleaning up a SBS 2003 server for migration to SBS
2008. The only outstanding BPA comment I have is for SharePoint (MSSQL
$SharePoint service not started; MSSQL$SharePoint service not set to start
automatically). The SharePoint will not start, but we do not use it anyway.
I am wondering if this will prevent the migration to SBS 2008. Can anyone
tell me if I need to re-install SharePoint on the old SBS 2003 server before
I start the SBS 2008 migtration process?

If you're not using SharePoint, then it isn't an issue. Though you might
want to re-examine that dismissal of SharePoint when you get the new SBS
2008 up. There are a lot of new and useful features in Companyweb, IMHO.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/Russel