From: Jim on
Hi All,

Been to see someone who had a very early SBS2008 to do some service packing
etc etc as they had been having some issues.

When I got there the C:\ partition which is 65GB only has 5GB free disk
space left on it..

Weird thing is when you check out how much disk space the files and folders
are using this only amounts to 27GB !

So where pray tell is the other 33GB consumed ???

I've turned off all the hidden files and folders etc etc to view this so I
should be looking at everything as far as I can tell.

Anyone any ideas ? Obviously need to sort this before I embark on some
patching.

No Previous Versions configured for C:\

From: Jim on
Ahhh here's someone with a similar problem...

http://simultaneouspancakes.com/Lessons/2010/01/13/recovering-hidden-disk-space-used-on-sbs-2008-c-partitions/..this is indeed the culpritIs it safe to just delete some of these log files ?..and why are they building up and can they be managed more effectively ?"Jim" <jim(a)dontwantspam.com> wrote in messagenews:i31qqb$152k$1(a)energise.enta.net...> Hi All,>> Been to see someone who had a very early SBS2008 to do some servicepacking etc etc as they had been having some issues.>> When I got there the C:\ partition which is 65GB only has 5GB free diskspace left on it..>> Weird thing is when you check out how much disk space the files andfolders are using this only amounts to 27GB !>> So where pray tell is the other 33GB consumed ???>> I've turned off all the hidden files and folders etc etc to view this so Ishould be looking at everything as far as I can tell.>> Anyone any ideas ? Obviously need to sort this before I embark on somepatching.>> No Previous Versions configured for C:\>>>>>
From: Jim on
Sorry, not sure what happened there..

Here it is again

From: Jim on
This is indeed the culprit

Is it t safe to just delete some of these log files ?

From: Susan Bradley on
Recovering Disk Space on the C: Drive in Small Business Server 2008 -
The Official SBS Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs:
http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2010/03/02/recovering-disk-space-on-the-c-drive-in-small-business-server-2008.aspx

You can go into the IIS console and turn off the WSUS IIS logs

Jim wrote:
> This is indeed the culprit
>
> Is it t safe to just delete some of these log files ?
>
> And why are they building up and can they be managed more effectively
>

> "Jim" <jim(a)dontwantspam.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry, not sure what happened there..
>>
>> Here it is again
>>
>> http://simultaneouspancakes.com/Lessons/2010/01/13/recovering-hidden-disk-space-used-on-sbs-2008-c-partitions/
>>

>> "Jim" <jim(a)dontwantspam.com> wrote in message
>>> Ahhh here's someone with a similar problem...
>>>
>>> http://simultaneouspancakes.com/Lessons/2010/01/13/recovering-hidden-disk-space-used-on-sbs-2008-c-partitions/..this
>>> is indeed the culpritIs it safe to just delete some of these log
>>> files ?..and why are they building up and can they be managed more
>>> effectively ?"Jim" <jim(a)dontwantspam.com> wrote in
>>> messagenews:i31qqb$152k$1(a)energise.enta.net...> Hi All,>> Been to
>>> see someone who had a very early SBS2008 to do some servicepacking
>>> etc etc as they had been having some issues.>> When I got there the
>>> C:\ partition which is 65GB only has 5GB free diskspace left on
>>> it..>> Weird thing is when you check out how much disk space the
>>> files andfolders are using this only amounts to 27GB !>> So where
>>> pray tell is the other 33GB consumed ???>> I've turned off all the
>>> hidden files and folders etc etc to view this so Ishould be looking
>>> at everything as far as I can tell.>> Anyone any ideas ? Obviously
>>> need to sort this before I embark on somepatching.>> No Previous
>>> Versions configured for C:\>>>>>

Pages: 1
Prev: security for domain network
Next: remote desktop