From: hct on
Hi all ,

I am reviewing some of the setting for securing our netowrk computers
and also servers,... Is there a best practice source I can review to
make sure I am doing the latest desktop lockdowns etc.. I have tried
to do some searching and can't find any step by step best
practices..... I am seeing some things that were maybe missed such as
the local machine administrator password is blank....There is a user
on the local machine that has a blank password..etc... Thanks again
for your inight as always....

Bob
From: Joe on
On 31/07/10 19:36, hct wrote:
> Hi all ,
>
> I am reviewing some of the setting for securing our netowrk computers
> and also servers,... Is there a best practice source I can review to
> make sure I am doing the latest desktop lockdowns etc.. I have tried
> to do some searching and can't find any step by step best
> practices..... I am seeing some things that were maybe missed such as
> the local machine administrator password is blank....There is a user
> on the local machine that has a blank password..etc... Thanks again
> for your inight as always....

The Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (free download) is probably a
good place to start.

--
Joe
From: Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] on
You should also download and run the SBS Best practice analyzer (BPA)

--
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)
Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed