From: oen_no_spam on
Hi Jim,

My problem is the SHARC, not the TigerSHARC.
The TS permits debug using it's external bus.
Anyway it looks like you have nice tools.

Thanks,

Luiz Carlos

From: oen_no_spam on
Hi Ron,

We sell boards based on ADSP-218x. But it is running out of gas! We are
looking for a floating point DSP replacement. Well, even BlackFin
doesn't have a host port!
I'll try again to get more information from ADI.

Thanks,

Luiz Carlos.

From: Jaime Andr?s Aranguren Cardona on
To Luiz:

I think that if you were heading for the TS, but are also considering the
ADSP-2136x, it's because you need some big computational power for your
application. Couldn't a ADSP-21161 work for you? It has a host port,
allowing you to debug it without the need of diving deep into the JTAG
internals.

I think that Ron's suggestion of the emulator + remote access software
(NetMeeting, VNC) could be a good option for you.

Ask Dr. Mike Rosing, maybe he could give you good advice, since his company
(BeastRider, http://www.beastrider.com/) makes low cost JTAG debuggers for
SHARC, 2106x and 2116x, though. Anyway, they are experienced with what you
need.

To Ron Huizen, Jim Thomas:

Thanks for coming in, and commenting from your experience.

Regards,

--
------------------------------
Jaime Andrýs Aranguren Cardona

From: Al Clark on
oen_no_spam(a)yahoo.com.br wrote in news:1119538390.774704.45300
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> Hi Ron,
>
> We sell boards based on ADSP-218x. But it is running out of gas! We are
> looking for a floating point DSP replacement. Well, even BlackFin
> doesn't have a host port!
> I'll try again to get more information from ADI.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Luiz Carlos.

Our boards certainly have support for an external emulator and we also
provide EZ-Kit Style debuggers (under license from ADI) on some of our
boards. In both cases, we treat the JTAG port as a black box so we don't
know any more than you about the specifics.

We also provide the capablility to upload code into flash on our boards
using USB or RS-232 using a proprietary loader that we wrote. This doesn't
provide debug support but it does work well for production programming and
upgrades.

We have customers using our dspblok 21261sm with its FPGA for a host port
interface. Depending on you application, SPI, SPORTs, USB or RS-232 are
also possibilities with our dspstak boards.

--
Al Clark
Danville Signal Processing, Inc.
From: oen_no_spam on
Hi Jaime,

Yes, a lot of processing power, besides you never have enough!

The ADSP-21161N runs at 100MHz, has 1Mbit of on chip SRAM and costs
$26. As we need the processing power of one or more Tigers, a cluster
of ADSP-21161s would be very expensive.
The ADSP-21363 runs at 333MHz, has 3 Mbits of internal RAM and costs
$17. But lacks the host port.
I hate TI's assembly language!

What will I do? :)

As I said, we sell boards, so it's not practical to bundle an external
debugger.

Luiz Carlos

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3