From: oen_no_spam on
I'm having a hard time trying to find documentation on how to use
SHARC's JTAG port for debugging. I'm evaluating the ADSP-21363.
Do I have access do all internal memory. What are the commands to do
it?
How so set a break point?
Can I check for memory invasion?
What's the tranfer rate (for reading/writing the internal memory)?
I don't want to use an ADI emulation pod.

Luiz Carlos.

From: Jaime Andrés Aranguren Cardona on
Hi Luiz,

You don't need to know too much about the internals of the JTAG port to
use it. Just use it. Are you using an emulator?

The emulator will allow you to get full control of the DSP; you need to
use it with VisualDSP++ In the VisualDSP++ documentation you'll see how
to set breakpoints, how to ead memory, how to run the DSP programs,
etc.

Regards,

JaaC

From: oen_no_spam on
Hi Jaac,

No, I'm not using an emulator.
The DSP will be at a PCI board on a remote computer. The idea is to
connect the PCI controller to an FPGA, and then to the DSP JTAG port. I
need remote debugging.

Thanks,

Luiz Carlos

From: Jaime Andrés Aranguren Cardona on
Hello Luiz,

It doesn't seem to be a simple task! It goes to deal with something
meant to be propetary of ADI, and I doubt they'd disclose it so easily.

Ask Dr. Mike Rosing, Al Clark and the guys from Bittware, maybe they
can give you some enlightment about this. Hopefully they'd read this
thread and come up with something interesting.

As for remote debugging, there used to be a network based emulator, I
if I recall well its name was TrekICE. But is rather old-dated, and
maybe not supported in VisualDSP++ 4.0, which you need for the newest
SHARC mambers.

I'd like to know how you get this done, only for my own information.
So, please, write to me at jaime dot aranguren at ieee dot org if you
can.

Good luck!

JaaC

From: Jaime Andrés Aranguren Cardona on
Hello Luiz,

It doesn't seem to be a simple task! It goes to deal with something
meant to be propetary of ADI, and I doubt they'd disclose it so easily.

Ask Dr. Mike Rosing, Al Clark and the guys from Bittware, maybe they
can give you some enlightment about this. Hopefully they'd read this
thread and come up with something interesting.

As for remote debugging, there used to be a network based emulator, I
if I recall well its name was TrekICE. But is rather old-dated, and
maybe not supported in VisualDSP++ 4.0, which you need for the newest
SHARC mambers.

I'd like to know how you get this done, only for my own information.
So, please, write to me at jaime dot aranguren at ieee dot org if you
can.

Good luck!

JaaC

PS/ Please apoplogize if this message gets twice to comp.dsp. The first
time I got an error mesage from groups-beta.google.com

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Configure EClkOut
Next: DC offset removal through FPGA