From: support on
Please help!
I have no problem running a script to import multi samba users in SLES
9:
smbpasswd -a user1 password1 (username/password)
smbpasswd -a userx passwordx
Then I create the same script to enable users:
smbpasswd -e user1
smbpasswd -e userx
I love this SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 as I can create just a few
simple scripts to import a few hundreds of student accounts at once in
a very short time.
But it fails in the new version 10, and I have tried following some
instructions online but no help either. I wonder why the new version
causes difficulty that makes users like me to stick with the old one
and not to spend more money to the new 10.
Please post here the answer in details. I appreciate any helps and
thanks so much for your time!

From: taco on
support(a)mypconline.us wrote:

> Please help!
> I have no problem running a script to import multi samba users in SLES
> 9:
> smbpasswd -a user1 password1 (username/password)
> smbpasswd -a userx passwordx
> Then I create the same script to enable users:
> smbpasswd -e user1
> smbpasswd -e userx
> I love this SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 as I can create just a few
> simple scripts to import a few hundreds of student accounts at once in
> a very short time.
> But it fails in the new version 10, and I have tried following some
> instructions online but no help either. I wonder why the new version
> causes difficulty that makes users like me to stick with the old one
> and not to spend more money to the new 10.
> Please post here the answer in details. I appreciate any helps and
> thanks so much for your time!
If you are running SLES, novell is the first place to ask for help I
presume, because you are paying for it.
If you post what's wrong with the script (error messsages etc.) and/or the
script itself, it would help to solve your problem. I'm running opensuse
10.2 and samba works flawless.
taco
From: support on
On Dec 5, 12:03 am, taco <trala...(a)joepie.nl> wrote:
> supp...(a)mypconline.us wrote:
> > Please help!
> > I have no problem running a script to import multi samba users in SLES
> > 9:
> > smbpasswd -a user1 password1 (username/password)
> > smbpasswd -a userx passwordx
> > Then I create the same script to enable users:
> > smbpasswd -e user1
> > smbpasswd -e userx
> > I love this SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 as I can create just a few
> > simple scripts to import a few hundreds of student accounts at once in
> > a very short time.
> > But it fails in the new version 10, and I have tried following some
> > instructions online but no help either. I wonder why the new version
> > causes difficulty that makes users like me to stick with the old one
> > and not to spend more money to the new 10.
> > Please post here the answer in details. I appreciate any helps and
> > thanks so much for your time!
>
> If you are running SLES, novell is the first place to ask for help I
> presume, because you are paying for it.
> If you post what's wrong with the script (error messsages etc.) and/or the
> script itself, it would help to solve your problem. I'm running opensuse
> 10.2 and samba works flawless.
> taco- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for your time! I am not the owner of SLES 10, and I would like
to learn its new features before order it.
I appreciate any helps from those who already tried this command
"smbpasswd " with other switches to add multi samba users.