From: aartjan on
Me and my assumptions.. I always kind of figured SMS would not be
possible with simple AT commands, but it seems to be so. I have spent a
few hours digging for a good tutorial for ETSI or Hayes compliant ways
to actually send an SMS, but so far I failed. I did figure out how to
read and write my address book on my GSM. :smileyhappy:
Although I found some examples on how to send the SMS, I have only been
getting errors. It could be simple typos or the Siemens C60 I am using
has custom AT commands for SMS. Kind of frustrating.. If anyone has a
good tutorial on this, I would like to get it.
From: alipio on
HelloSorry  for my explanatio. When I said "standard AT coomands .." I meant commands in format "AT...".The character 3 and next can be different in some modems. This is true even in AT commands for smartlink modems and conceptronic modems.
Besides that, there are some kind of standards in AT commands for gsm telephones.At least, documentation refers to publications that are suposed to be kind of standards. ( see references in attached zip)
Attached zip is made up of 3 documents:  AT commands for some Siemens mobiles, AT commands for a wavecom modem and an ETSI document about AT commands for GSM telephones.  Thera are more ETSI documents about this commands.You will see that  some SMS commands for Siemens and Wavecom are the ones recommended by ETSI.
Hope this helps you to send SMS whit your siemens.
CheersAlipio

atcommands.zip:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/143969/1/atcommands.zip
From: lll on
Hello,
thank you all for your messages.
the option to use GSM mobile-phone  connected to my PC directly with data cableis not good because i need also power supply for the GSM modem.
1. next week i get my GSM modem :&nbsp; Sony - Ericsson GM29 <a href="http://www.cepag.de/Fotos/STD29/GM29%20offener%20Schacht.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.cepag.de/Fotos/STD29/GM29%20offener%20Schacht.jpg</a>
2. yesterday i got in my email a set of VI's for&nbsp;my &nbsp;LabView 7.1 that handles all i need to send SMS using&nbsp;GSM modem.
3. i already have all the documents on "AT Commands" for this Modem and&nbsp;for GSM 900/1800
to be continue....
Thanks again
Regards
Mor
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
From: aartjan on
You got a complete working set of vi's by E-mail? Geez, that never
happens to me! Is there a possibilty of sharing the code? You could
attach it to your next message..
I would greatly appreciate it!
From: EngMex on
HI,
just came across your email and want to help a little bit,
have worked with the SE GMXX modem, it is very easy what you need,
is only a rs232 cable, and know the set of AT commands that you will need,
in User manual you will receive from your GMxx it should be explained throughly....,
you can try by using hyperterminal before you build any code in LV , you will need VISA indeed,
pretty straightforward I guess.....
&nbsp;