From: Jim B on
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:26:10 +0300, Happy Oyster <happy.oyster(a)ariplex.com>
wrote:

>>Under normal condition when I open Eudora, it will start and immediately
>>to check email from Everestkc mail server.
>
>Point 2: DO TURN THAT OFF!

Right on! I had my email checking email immediately when I open Eudora.
I was so confuse which personalities asking for my Password (setting with two
Personalities). Only lately, I found set one personality at a time. Make making
sure it work flawlessly. Than proceed with the next. If there are problems, go
back by steps retrace the errors settings or configurations.

One more thing, when setting Eudora 6.21 I had to check submission Port 587.
When configuration Eudora 7.1.0.9. you cannot check submission Port 587.
Everything remain the same. Strange, but who cares it work the way I expected.
I now check my emails first right clicking on "Dominant" to check mail, than the
next, "personility" to check another mail from another server.

>There are some idiocies going on at email providers. One is that BEFORE sending
>an email, one has to download email in order to authentificate onesself.

That I am still a bit confuse here. However, a minor problems

>I forgot which provider did/does it, but I saw that with one I used.
>

>Automatic downloading email when starting Eudora is a must to turn off. My
>experience with that was no good. The details I forgot.

I agree.

>The best Eudora still is Eudora 1.5.4.

Well, I started with this too, still remember using Hayes 14.4K modem. :-)

From: Happy Oyster on
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 08:49:05 -0700, Jim B <Jimmydud(a)abcdnet.net> wrote:

>Let me rephrase it. I use Steamyx sending my email out and I cannot use
>Steamyx receive my email. However I kept the same user names for login
>on both Everestkc and Steamyx. I use different passwords.

Point 1

>Under normal condition when I open Eudora, it will start and immediately
>to check email from Everestkc mail server.

Point 2: DO TURN THAT OFF!

There are some idiocies going on at email providers. One is that BEFORE sending
an email, one has to download email in order to authentificate onesself.

I forgot which provider did/does it, but I saw that with one I used.

Automatic downloading email when starting Eudora is a must to turn off. My
experience with that was no good. The details I forgot.

The best Eudora still is Eudora 1.5.4.

The only disadvantage: it does not allow the authentification methods mose ISPs
now use.

..
--
Die volle H�rte: http://www.kindersprechstunde.at
Die Medienmafia � Die Regividerm-Verschw�rung