From: Tim Wescott on
Michael wrote:
> @Tim
>
> Thanks for your answer, but can you give me a tip which FPGA I have to
> use for translation? I don't have much experience with FPGA.
>
> @Al
> I searcher for FTDI but they can't tell me exactlly that it works. The
> FT2232C has the components that I need, but they are not sure if it
> works
>
> Michael

Any FPGA will be able to do the job that I envision (mostly making the
SPI easy to read by a micro); choosing it would be more a question of
all the other things you may need to consider. If you don't know much
about FPGA's it's a steep learning curve -- look for a processor that
can do without.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
From: noway2 on
>Hello everbody
>
>I'm new in this group! I've got a few questions to this group.
>
>1. Is it possible to convert SPI to USB with a data transfer rate of 2
>Mbitps? And the same back USB to SPI.
>
>If it is not possible there is my second question. Can I save data on
>an external HardDisk. I want to develop a "Stand-Alone-Modul" which
>can save data for a measurement and after that I can transport the
>data to my Host pc.
>
>I hope you understand my questions.
>
>Thanks for help
>Michael

As far as the USB side of things go, you will probably need to add a USB
controller. The small micro that you are using to convert the SPI should
be able to interface to it easilly enough. For information on USB
controllers, etc check out www.lvr.com.

This message was sent using the Comp.DSP web interface on
www.DSPRelated.com