From: Barely Audible on
I notice that my web site looks okay in Firefox but doiesn't render
correctly in Safari...

Is there something I can put in the CSS so that if a safari browser
visits the web site It will alter the CSs to suit?

--
TTFN
Jim

To steal this TAGLINE press [CTRL][ALT][DEL] now...
From: rf on

"Barely Audible" <anywhere(a)but.here> wrote in message
>I notice that my web site looks okay in Firefox but doiesn't render
>correctly in Safari...

And which web site would that be?

> Is there something I can put in the CSS so that if a safari browser visits
> the web site It will alter the CSs to suit?

Why would you want to do that? Fix it so it works in all browsers.

From: Jeff Thies on
rf wrote:
> "Barely Audible" <anywhere(a)but.here> wrote in message
>> I notice that my web site looks okay in Firefox but doiesn't render
>> correctly in Safari...
>
> And which web site would that be?
>
>> Is there something I can put in the CSS so that if a safari browser visits
>> the web site It will alter the CSs to suit?
>
> Why would you want to do that? Fix it so it works in all browsers.

That about sums it up.

Even though Safari has a different rendering engine, I've found that
support and rendering is very similar to FF (unset margins for headings
and such may be a few pixels different). It does a good job of following
web standards. Chances are the problem lies with the OP.

I know of no hacks for Safari exclusive bits, it and Opera are
probably the only two mainstream browsers that don't have their own.

You want issues, look in IE6, which has about the same market share
as Safari.

Jeff
From: Sherm Pendley on
Barely Audible <anywhere(a)but.here> writes:

> I notice that my web site looks okay in Firefox but doiesn't render
> correctly in Safari...

Validate your code, then post a URL. Someone will surely take a look
to see what you're doing wrong.

sherm--
From: David Stone on
In article <J0Bwn.18926$pv.1799(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
"rf" <rf(a)z.invalid> wrote:
> "Barely Audible" <anywhere(a)but.here> wrote in message
> >
> >I notice that my web site looks okay in Firefox but doiesn't render
> >correctly in Safari...
>
> And which web site would that be?

I have almost never had a web page I've written appear differently
in Firefox and Safari, and never since Safari 4.x/Firefox 3.x.
That is using html 4.01 strict and css 2.1, making sure that all
pages validate. If you have errors in either your html or css, you
are more likely to see differences between browsers based on how
their coders decided to handle such errors.

If you have a page that appears to be giving problems, I'd be
quite happy to take a look at it, but I'm not very good at
mind-reading...

> > Is there something I can put in the CSS so that if a safari browser visits
> > the web site It will alter the CSs to suit?

There is no Safari equivalent to IE conditional comments that allow you
to add IE-specific css, if that's what you mean, largely because you
shouldn't need them.