From: zoolook on
Hello,

2010/5/16 Marten Gajda <marten.gajda(a)fernuni-hagen.de>:
> Greetings,

I don't know if this is what are you looking for:

http://www.mail-archive.com/samba(a)lists.samba.org/msg101989.html

Regards,
Norberto
Thank you. Strange, I didn't find that myself. But nevertheless, it its
not really what I'm looking for.
I'd like to have the SummaryInformation stream being accessed like a
regular file. This is already working for the :Zone-Identifier stream
but Samba doesn't even try to access *:SummaryInformation files.

regards
Marten

Am 17.05.2010 02:18, schrieb zoolook:
> Hello,
>
> 2010/5/16 Marten Gajda <marten.gajda(a)fernuni-hagen.de>:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
> I don't know if this is what are you looking for:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/samba(a)lists.samba.org/msg101989.html
>

> Regards,
> Norberto

Ok, it seems it has nothing to do with Samba. I got it partially working.
After I implemented the ':{4c8cc155-6c1e-11d1-8e41-00c04fb9386d}:$DATA'
stream windows started scanning for a whole lotta streams (at least for
the directories). I'm optimistic, that I can get it to access the file's
alternate data streams too :-)
regards
Marten

Am 17.05.2010 14:22, schrieb Marten Gajda:
> Thank you. Strange, I didn't find that myself. But nevertheless, it its
> not really what I'm looking for.
> I'd like to have the SummaryInformation stream being accessed like a
> regular file. This is already working for the :Zone-Identifier stream
> but Samba doesn't even try to access *:SummaryInformation files.
>
> regards
> Marten
>
> Am 17.05.2010 02:18, schrieb zoolook:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> 2010/5/16 Marten Gajda <marten.gajda(a)fernuni-hagen.de>:
>>

>>> Greetings,
>>>

>> I don't know if this is what are you looking for:
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/samba(a)lists.samba.org/msg101989.html
>>

>> Regards,
>> Norberto

I still can't get it to work :-( .
As I guessed earlier it seems Samba is not advertising the
streams-feature. Using the Sysinternals Process Monitor I can see that
on my samba share "Named Streams" is not listed among the
FileSystemAttributes, whereas it is on a Windows XP share. I guess this
is the feature I need. Its absence might be the reason why windows
doesn't try to access some streams (it doesn't explain why it actually
tries to read some streams though).
Is there any way to enable this (preferably without hacking the samba
sources)
Any hints are welcome.

Marten

Am 17.05.2010 16:05, schrieb Marten Gajda:
> Ok, it seems it has nothing to do with Samba. I got it partially working.
> After I implemented the ':{4c8cc155-6c1e-11d1-8e41-00c04fb9386d}:$DATA'
> stream windows started scanning for a whole lotta streams (at least for
> the directories). I'm optimistic, that I can get it to access the file's
> alternate data streams too :-)
> regards
> Marten
>

> Am 17.05.2010 14:22, schrieb Marten Gajda:
>
>> Thank you. Strange, I didn't find that myself. But nevertheless, it its
>> not really what I'm looking for.
>> I'd like to have the SummaryInformation stream being accessed like a
>> regular file. This is already working for the :Zone-Identifier stream
>> but Samba doesn't even try to access *:SummaryInformation files.
>>
>> regards
>> Marten
>>
>> Am 17.05.2010 02:18, schrieb zoolook:

>>> I don't know if this is what are you looking for:
>>>
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/samba(a)lists.samba.org/msg101989.html
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Norberto

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Marten Gajda
<marten.gajda(a)fernuni-hagen.de> wrote:
> I still can't get it to work :-( .
> As I guessed earlier it seems Samba is not advertising the
> streams-feature. Using the Sysinternals Process Monitor I can see that
> on my samba share "Named Streams" is not listed among the
> FileSystemAttributes, whereas it is on a Windows XP share. I guess this
> is the feature I need. Its absence might be the reason why windows
> doesn't try to access some streams (it doesn't explain why it actually
> tries to read some streams though).
> Is there any way to enable this (preferably without hacking the samba
> sources)
> Any hints are welcome.

I thought that the streams do not work without the streams_xattr
module. Did you set that up on your samba server?

John