From: terilad on
Hi,

I am looking for some help with a macro, I need to disable anyone from
saving a file or save as and also disable the prompt if the close button is
pressed you get an option to save the file then, I need to disable all of
these, also have a pop up box to warn that save as been disables when a user
tries to save the file fro save and save as.

Can anyone help me with this. I am using word 2003

Regards

Mark

From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
Once you give someone access to a document, you have ceded all control over
it. You can however stop them from overwriting the original file by making
the document read-only and assigning a password to it, or give it to them in
..pdf format.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

From: terilad on
Hi,

I need users to be able to fill in form though on the document, but not save
it so it will be clear for the next user to fill in so read only is not an
option as I need people to input data, once the user inputs the data they
copy the text and paste into web based program.

Mark

From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
You should create the form as a template and the user should use File>New
and select the template when they need to create such a form.

See:

http://www.mousetrax.com/techpage.html#autoforms

or the following series of articles:

Please Fill Out This Form
Part 1: Create professional looking forms in Word
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22

Part 2: Adding Automation to your Word forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=46

Part 3: Learn more VBA (macros) to automate your forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=119

Part 4: Use custom dialog boxes in your Word forms
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=127

Part 5: Connect your AutoForm to a database to save input time and keep
better records!
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=136

From: Graham Mayor on
Unless you have control over what the users do with their Word
installation - what you ask is not possible.You cannot force users to run
macros.
Furthermore, with a protected form, the copy/paste step is also going to be
an issue. You can intercept the FileSave and FileSaveAs commands to do
something else - such as clear the form, but Doug's suggestion to create a
template would remove the need to do that. Whether a vba approach would be
viable rather depends on whether you can program your 'web based program'
from Word? Then you could perform the data collection and 'pasting' in a
single operation.

You may find http://www.gmayor.com/ExtractDataFromForms.htm useful

--
Graham Mayor - Word MVP