From: Rguy84 on
On Dec 5, 10:33 am, HappyJack <jo...(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:32:24 +0000, Duncan Kennedy
>
> <nos...(a)nospam.otterson-bg.couk> wrote:
> >In message <l-ednSNiBLdqdoXWnZ2dnUVZ8lOdn...(a)giganews.com>, tony
> ><t...(a)whatever.com> writes
> >>Thanks Duncan
> >>That's exactly what i need to do, just looked on YouTube and yes its
> >>all there thank you very much
> >>indeed
> >Good - have fun!  It is actually a great help.
>
> Tiz a neat feature indeed. I wish Apache had some code that would let you update
> the lib file to the server and then propogate the changes to the files on the
> server that use the lib. And I don't mean any fancy PHP skullduggery either :)
> ...just a snippet of DW code in or near the server kernel that would do the
> trick.
>
> Updating and then FTP'ing isn't really much trouble, but the automation would be
> nice.

Jack why don't you set your site up in DW? There is an option to auto-
push on save I think
From: HappyJack on
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:13:50 -0800 (PST), Rguy84 <ryan.benson(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Tiz a neat feature indeed. I wish Apache had some code that would let you update
>> the lib file to the server and then propogate the changes to the files on the
>> server that use the lib. And I don't mean any fancy PHP skullduggery either :)
>> ...just a snippet of DW code in or near the server kernel that would do the
>> trick.
>>
>> Updating and then FTP'ing isn't really much trouble, but the automation would be
>> nice.
>
>Jack why don't you set your site up in DW? There is an option to auto-
>push on save I think

AFAIK it only updates the local files, but then you must FTP them to the server.
I haven't found an auto-push, and DW is terribly slow at FTP, so slow I still
use Ipswitch.

From: Duncan Kennedy on
In message <6il5i5lqhsnn8ijd2ebrm9o6klck0tuqgd(a)4ax.com>, HappyJack
<johnr(a)sbcglobal.net> writes
>On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:13:50 -0800 (PST), Rguy84 <ryan.benson(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Tiz a neat feature indeed. I wish Apache had some code that would let
>>you update
>>> the lib file to the server and then propogate the changes to the
>>>files on the
>>> server that use the lib. And I don't mean any fancy PHP skullduggery
>>>either :)
>>> ...just a snippet of DW code in or near the server kernel that would do the
>>> trick.
>>>
>>> Updating and then FTP'ing isn't really much trouble, but the
>>>automation would be
>>> nice.
>>
>>Jack why don't you set your site up in DW? There is an option to auto-
>>push on save I think
>
>AFAIK it only updates the local files, but then you must FTP them to
>the server.
>I haven't found an auto-push, and DW is terribly slow at FTP, so slow I still
>use Ipswitch.

I must admit I like to keep control of FTP but then, updating several
sites daily to different servers, I use 2 computers - one as a
workstation for development and one as an internet connection - so that
I *force myself to backup every time.

But I thought Dreamweaver could do its own FTP although I have never
looked.

--
Duncan K
Downtown Dalgety Bay
From: HappyJack on
On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 10:16:33 +0000, Duncan Kennedy
<nospam(a)nospam.otterson-bg.couk> wrote:

>But I thought Dreamweaver could do its own FTP although I have never
>looked.
Indeed it does, but in the time it takes DW to "think it over" and get it done,
I can fire up FTP WS_FTP Pro and be done in 20 seconds and have time for a
beer:)