From: tony on
Hi i have a small site with 10 pages i have a side bar on all of these pages
and the content within the side bar is all the same on each
my question is
how can i edit this side bar once for all pages instead of doing them
individually
many thanks for you time

From: Duncan Kennedy on
In message <4rednYmjsMoRSIXWnZ2dnUVZ8vudnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, tony
<tony(a)whatever.com> writes
>Hi i have a small site with 10 pages i have a side bar on all of these
>pages and the content within the side bar is all the same on each
>my question is
>how can i edit this side bar once for all pages instead of doing them
>individually
>many thanks for you time

Yes - you need to have a look at instructions for "Library" or the
little book symbol in Assets. It is actually quite easy once you've
found the way in. The sidebar code winds up in a Library folder. After,
that you simply open the Library item - the code for your sidebar - and
amend that - saving should result in a question about applying it to all
the files.

If you get stuck come back and I'll see what I can find.

--
Duncan K
Downtown Dalgety Bay
From: tony on
Thanks Duncan
That's exactly what i need to do, just looked on YouTube and yes its all
there thank you very much
indeed
tony

From: Duncan Kennedy on
In message <l-ednSNiBLdqdoXWnZ2dnUVZ8lOdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, tony
<tony(a)whatever.com> writes
>Thanks Duncan
>That's exactly what i need to do, just looked on YouTube and yes its
>all there thank you very much
>indeed
Good - have fun! It is actually a great help.

--
Duncan K
Downtown Dalgety Bay
From: HappyJack on
On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:32:24 +0000, Duncan Kennedy
<nospam(a)nospam.otterson-bg.couk> wrote:

>In message <l-ednSNiBLdqdoXWnZ2dnUVZ8lOdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, tony
><tony(a)whatever.com> writes
>>Thanks Duncan
>>That's exactly what i need to do, just looked on YouTube and yes its
>>all there thank you very much
>>indeed
>Good - have fun! It is actually a great help.

Tiz a neat feature indeed. I wish Apache had some code that would let you update
the lib file to the server and then propogate the changes to the files on the
server that use the lib. And I don't mean any fancy PHP skullduggery either :)
....just a snippet of DW code in or near the server kernel that would do the
trick.

Updating and then FTP'ing isn't really much trouble, but the automation would be
nice.