From: Liviu on
"David Webber" <dave(a)musical-dot-demon-dot-co.uk> wrote...

> I've used a similar one - pdfFactoryPro - which is also very good.
> But in either case, each user of my software would have to buy and
> install the product to enable them to save PDF files with my software

In the category of software printers, you may have a look at
http://www.docu-track.com/product/pdf-xchange-drivers-api.
It does require the user (or your setup program) to install their
printer, but it's royalty free (up to 100K client installs).

Liviu

From: David Webber on
From: "Mikel" <mikel.luri(a)gmail.com>

> How about libharu?
> http://libharu.sourceforge.net/index.html
>
> Seems like it's free for commercial use as well, and that it doesn't
> force your app to be GPL or anything

Thanks! That one looks extremely promising!

Dave
David Webber
Mozart Music Software
http://www.mozart.co.uk
For discussion and support see
http://www.mozart.co.uk/mozartists/mailinglist.htm
From: Stephen Wolstenholme on
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 18:17:45 -0000, "David Webber"
<dave(a)musical-dot-demon-dot-co.uk> wrote:

>Do there exist routines to save a document as a PDF file?
>
>I know there are pseudo-printers around which you can install so that when
>you 'print' to it it produces a PDF file, but I had in mind library code
>that would give you a CDC or hDC, let you draw on it, and then deposit the
>result in a PDF file. Does such exist?
>
>Dave

Dave,

I worked with a chap who produces PDF "glossies" for a UK insurance
company. He uses Bullzip http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php

It can be used in any Windows program. It is free for personal and
commercial use up to 10 users.

For more users it is called bioPDF http://www.biopdf.com/ and it costs
$1,499 for a redistribution license.

Steve

Neural network applications, help and support.
From: David Webber on

"Stephen Wolstenholme" <steve(a)tropheus.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 18:17:45 -0000, "David Webber"
>
> Dave,
>
> I worked with a chap who produces PDF "glossies" for a UK insurance
> company. He uses Bullzip http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php
>
> It can be used in any Windows program. It is free for personal and
> commercial use up to 10 users.
>
> For more users it is called bioPDF http://www.biopdf.com/ and it costs
> $1,499 for a redistribution license.

Thanks Steve,

I'd need a redistribution licence. This is a bit less that Eur 10,000 <g>
but still enough to convince me to look for other options first, but I've
made a note!

Dave

From: Tom Serface on
We use VeryPDF, but it is pricey. Works really well though.

You can also get the developer's kit from Adobe, but you have to jump
through a lot of hoops.

Tom