From: David Webber on
Do there exist routines to save a document as a PDF file?

I know there are pseudo-printers around which you can install so that when
you 'print' to it it produces a PDF file, but I had in mind library code
that would give you a CDC or hDC, let you draw on it, and then deposit the
result in a PDF file. Does such exist?

Dave
--
David Webber
Mozart Music Software

From: Ajay Kalra on
On Feb 8, 1:17 pm, "David Webber" <d...(a)musical-dot-demon-dot-co.uk>
wrote:
> Do there exist routines to save a document as a PDF file?
>
> I know there are pseudo-printers around which you can install so that when
> you 'print' to it it produces a PDF file, but I had in mind library code
> that would give you a CDC or hDC, let you draw on it, and then deposit the
> result in a PDF file.   Does such exist?
>
> Dave
> --
> David Webber
> Mozart Music Softwarehttp://www.mozart.co.uk

MFC doesnt have anything builtin for this. I have heard of people
using pdflib but its not free:

http://www.pdflib.com/en/products/pdflib-family/pdflib/

--
Ajay
From: David Webber on
"Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> Do there exist routines to save a document as a PDF file?
>
> MFC doesnt have anything builtin for this. I have heard of people
> using pdflib but its not free:
>
> http://www.pdflib.com/en/products/pdflib-family/pdflib/

Thanks. I've bookmarked it, but unfortunately it looks expensive and either
it's just me or the terms of the licence are far from clear :-(

Dave

From: Ajay Kalra on
On Feb 8, 3:58 pm, "David Webber" <d...(a)musical-dot-demon-dot-co.uk>
wrote:
> "Ajay Kalra" <ajayka...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> Do there exist routines to save a document as a PDF file?
>
> > MFC doesnt have anything builtin for this. I have heard of people
> > using pdflib but its not free:
>
> >http://www.pdflib.com/en/products/pdflib-family/pdflib/
>
> Thanks.  I've bookmarked it, but unfortunately it looks expensive and either
> it's just me or the terms of the licence are far from clear :-(
>
> Dave
> --
> David Webber
> Mozart Music Softwarehttp://www.mozart.co.uk

I also came across this one: http://www.novapdf.com/

I have no idea how good it is (trial is free) but its considerably
cheaper ($50) than pdflib. Worth a look.

--
Ajay
From: Giovanni Dicanio on
"David Webber" <dave(a)musical-dot-demon-dot-co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Do there exist routines to save a document as a PDF file?
>
> I know there are pseudo-printers around which you can install so that when
> you 'print' to it it produces a PDF file, but I had in mind library code
> that would give you a CDC or hDC, let you draw on it, and then deposit the
> result in a PDF file. Does such exist?

It seems there are several open-source PDF libraries, that you may adapt to
the context of Win32/MFC.

For example, OpenOffice (an open-source kind of clone of Office 2003) can
save as PDF - you could consider its code.

There is also another open-source Python library called ReportLab:

http://www.reportlab.com/software/opensource/

HTH,
Giovanni