From: Nick on
I have a Nikon Coolscan V scanner with a SA-21 adaptor. I have managed
to scan many 35mm negatives and slides without any problems.

However, I have some old negatives dating back to the 1970s; I am not
sure what size they are. The strip height of these negatives is same
as 35mm but they only have one sprocket hole at the bottom of each
frame. Could they be 120 size?

Anyway I tried inserting one of these negatives into the SA-2 adaptor
and it throws it immediately; just will not accept it. Is there any
way to get this scanner to scan this size negatives? Is there another
adaptor?
From: Toni Nikkanen on
Nick <area5pr(a)yahoo.com> writes:

> However, I have some old negatives dating back to the 1970s; I am not
> sure what size they are. The strip height of these negatives is same
> as 35mm but they only have one sprocket hole at the bottom of each
> frame. Could they be 120 size?

I have no idea other than that they are definitely not 120 size. 120 film
is about 60mm wide and with no perforations.
From: Nick on
Just figured it out - its old instamatic 126 size.

From: Jethro Pull on
I have the Coolscan 5000ED which, of course, is the best. And I also
have an Epson 500V scanner. Both have ICE.

Find someone who has the Epson. They should be able to handle the scan
provided that the width of the film strip is the same as 35mm.

From: Barry Watzman on
You should be able to scan those images using an FH-2 or FH-3 inserted
into your MA-21 slide film adapter.

I don't think that's 120, which I think is taller.