From: Jethro Pull on
Just built a computer with Win 7 but can't use my Coolscan so far
because there's no Win 7 driver. One of the excellent suggestions is to
drop back to the former computer, Win XP Pro, when using the scanner.
Good suggestion.

However, is there a way to install my 5000ED on my Win 7 computer yet?

TIA.
From: Toni Nikkanen on
Jethro Pull <jpull(a)hotmail.com> writes:

> However, is there a way to install my 5000ED on my Win 7 computer yet?

Try Nikon Scan in Windows XP running in a virtual machine, or Vuescan.
From: Jethro Pull on
Thanks. What is Vuescan? Where can I get it? Thanks.

From: Toni Nikkanen on
Jethro Pull <jpull(a)hotmail.com> writes:

> Thanks. What is Vuescan? Where can I get it? Thanks.

It's a generic scanner software that works with almost anything, almost anywhere:

http://www.hamrick.com/

From: Barry Watzman on
I have an LS-2000 installed and working under Windows 7. Nikon Scan
3.1.2 using the XP drivers. Installation was very difficult, but mostly
it was the SCSI part that was hard. I can't imagine that you can't use
the Vista drivers under Windows 7. However, there are no 64-bit drivers
(for any of these scanners under any 64-bit OS) as far as I know ... so
you have to be using Windows 7 32-bit.

One other option is "XP Mode", but it is only available with Windows 7
Professional and Ultimate.

I published my results for using the LS-2000 under Windows 7 earlier (in
this newsgroup). I have heard from others, some of whom have also
gotten it to work but others of whom have not been able to get it to work.

I really can't believe that you can't get the LS-5000 to work using the
Vista drivers, unless you have 64-bit Windows 7 (in which case your only
hope is XP Mode).