From: Manfred Kowalewski on
Dear helpers!

For several months I use Windows 7 and my scanner Canon CanoScan 4400F
was installed successfully using the latest drivers. Everything worked.

I called the Twain driver from a Photoshop under "Import" and it
appeared the wonderful "Scangear" with which I could use all the
possibilities of the scanner (including negatives and slide scans).

For about a week now I have now been scanned many old negatives and was
very pleased.

This has been working until yesterday. But now, suddenly, not anymore!

The Twain entries in the Import menu are gone. I can only scan through
WIA. But this does not support slide and negative scanning wich I have
too use!

My guess is that a Windows update caused this. There is also a restore
point. But that does not help me at all as the System Restore does not
work! It says that it did not work, because there would be an antivirus
program. I've turned that off and it still does not work with the
restoration.

Of course I uninstalled and then reinstalled the Twain driver. But the
Twain entries did not reappear.

I gave me the rights - even without success - and full access to the
Canon Registriy entries and the Canon programm folder.

As you can see, I am quite in despair! Somebody has an idea for me?

Greetings
Manfred
From: spam on

Did you try something simple, like a different USB slot?

MK

From: Manfred Kowalewski on
spam(a)kenward.eu schrieb:

> Did you try something simple, like a different USB slot?

Sorry, but it did not work.

Manfred
From: CSM1 on
Manfred Kowalewski <mail(a)kowa-online.de> wrote in news:hlcb1t$7ul$1
@online.de:

> Dear helpers!
>
> For several months I use Windows 7 and my scanner Canon CanoScan 4400F
> was installed successfully using the latest drivers. Everything worked.
>
> I called the Twain driver from a Photoshop under "Import" and it
> appeared the wonderful "Scangear" with which I could use all the
> possibilities of the scanner (including negatives and slide scans).
>
> For about a week now I have now been scanned many old negatives and was
> very pleased.
>
> This has been working until yesterday. But now, suddenly, not anymore!
>
> The Twain entries in the Import menu are gone. I can only scan through
> WIA. But this does not support slide and negative scanning wich I have
> too use!
>
> My guess is that a Windows update caused this. There is also a restore
> point. But that does not help me at all as the System Restore does not
> work! It says that it did not work, because there would be an antivirus
> program. I've turned that off and it still does not work with the
> restoration.
>
> Of course I uninstalled and then reinstalled the Twain driver. But the
> Twain entries did not reappear.
>
> I gave me the rights - even without success - and full access to the
> Canon Registriy entries and the Canon programm folder.
>
> As you can see, I am quite in despair! Somebody has an idea for me?
>
> Greetings
> Manfred

I suggest a re-install of Photoshop.

I have lost the TWAIN interface in Photoshop Elements, a uninstall then
install fixed the problem.

I have never had a problem with the Canon Scangear Twain Driver.
(I have a Canon Canoscan 8400F scanner)

You can also get Irfanview, it is free and has a Twain Interface that works
very well.

http://www.irfanview.com/

If the Canon Scangear works in Irfanview, then your problem is in
Photoshop.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
From: Manfred Kowalewski on
CSM1 schrieb:

> I suggest a re-install of Photoshop.
>
> If the Canon Scangear works in Irfanview, then your problem is in
> Photoshop.

Sorry, no. All other programs tell me there is no TWAIN scanner installed.

Manfred